|Manufacturer||Krester's Ship Construction|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Sail Diameter||1375 meters|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Top Thrust||2.5 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||30|
|Armament|| 16 x Heavy NPPCs |
4 x Killer Whale
2 x NAC/40s
48 x NL45
8 x AR-10 Launcher
|Grav Decks||3 x ( 1 x 95 meters, 1 x 65 meters, 1 x 55 meters diameters)|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||20/35|
|Heat Sinks||3,825 (Double)|
The Texas-class WarShip was first deployed by the Star League in 2618 and was meant to directly replace the aging Monsoon. The primary requirements set down for the new battleship by the SLDF Admiralty was an increase in speed and heavy protection and the Texas delivers on both fronts. Where Member State vessels of comparable size averaged 1.5gs of thrust the Texas can reach 2.5g thanks to its Rolls Royce Kraken engines. Its massive amount of Ferro-Carbide Armor gives it unrivaled protection, better than that the larger McKenna. The design carries 40 aerospace fighters, 6 dropship collars and some of the heaviest naval weaponry available. With such a blend of speed, durability and firepower, the Texas is a ship to be reckoned with.
Probably the most famous of this class is the Prinz Eugen commanded by Admiral Votok, although the Inner Sphere was unaware of her story until after the Clan Invasion. On August 19th, 2785 the Admiral rebelled against the command of General Aleksandr Kerensky during the Exodus and led a group of seven other WarShips and their support craft on a path back towards the Inner Sphere, convinced that the General was leading them to nowhere. A little over a month later the group was intercepted, captured, and given quick courts martial at the jump point. Every officer above captain was executed, although Admiral Votok himself died defending his vessel from boarding actions. The strike against the Prinz Eugen galvanized the SLDF exodus fleet for long enough to find a new home and serves to this day as a prison vessel, a grim reminder of the cost of disobeying the rule of law in Clan society.
The Texas is primarily armed with Omicron-45 Naval Lasers and Sunspot-3L Heavy NPPC's, giving it plenty of long range firepower. Two NAC/40's, one each mounted in the front quarter facing to give the maximum firing arc, can punch holes in just about every vessel of the day, although the Texas has limited ammunition for these massive weapons. Four Killer Whale missile tubes and eight AR-10 tubes, each capable of firing any type of capital missile, provide the Texas with the armor piercing firepower necessary when facing other cruisers or battleships. While certainly not the heaviest weapons load among Star League vessels, it is quite effective when used on concert with the ship's heavy armor and high maneuverability.
- Bay 1: 40 Fighers
- Bay 2: Cargo
- Bay 3: 16 Small Craft
Although very few ships of the Texas-class survived the ravages of the Amaris coup and the Exodus Civil War, the Clans respected the capabilities of this massive ship and so have maintained it within their fleet. The remaining Texases have been outfitted with a Lithium-Fusion Battery at the expense of a portion of the cargo space.
- Star League Defense Force
- SLS Prinz Eugen - An SLDF Warship, which became part of General Kerensky's Exodus Fleet in 2784. During the journey, the ship became notable for being one of the ships that belonging to the SLDF staff that rebelled and threaten to return to the Inner Sphere in August 2785. The ship was captured by General Kerensky's commandos. Once the fleet discovered the Pentagon Worlds and setup their own government, the Prinz Eugen was decommissioned and placed in one of the SLDF's Naval Cache. By the time of the Clans' liberation of the Pentagon Worlds, no Clan would claim the ship. It was then put into use as an orbital prison ship. The ship remained in use as a prison ship well past the Clan Invasion of the 3050s. It was not known what became of it after the Jihad.
- SLS Bismark
- Clan Jade Falcon
- Falcon's Nest (Clan Jade Falcon) - A former SLDF unit which joined General Aleksandr Kerensky's Exodus Fleet in 2784. The ship participated in repulsing the Clan Ice Hellion Invasion from the Falcon's Occupation Zone in 3071. Its most noted action was when the ship, with CJF Blue Talon, inflicted heavy damage to the Hellion WarShip, CIH Cold Hunter over Apollo in November, 3071 in that conflict.
- During the Amaris Coup, a Texas Class Battleship was knocked from orbit of Devin while fighting with the Republic's Navy. The Battleship's wreckage created a large field of creaters and a mountain of steel. This area was named The Boneyard. In August of 3050, it became the battlefield where Clan Jade Falcon defeated Devin's armored tank militia units. 
Texas Ship Gallery
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 16 Prinz Eugen - The ship is noted being part of the mutiney and its recapture.
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 63 Law and Order - the disposition of the Prinz Eugen after creation of the Clans.
- ↑ Betrayal of Ideals, p.??
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 29, "November 3071 Apollo" - Falcon's Nest damages Hellion Warship over Apollo.
- ↑ Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 46, "Clan Coyote Naval Assets"
- ↑ Jade Falcon Sourcebook p. 41 - Devin - August 3050 battlefield was crash site of remains of a Texas Class Battleship.
- Betrayal of Ideals (BattleCorps Story)
- Field Manual: Update
- Field Manual: Warden Clans
- Fall From Glory (Novel)
- Historical: Operation Klondike
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, 160-161
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook