The Scorpion Jar
- Clan Invasion Box Set ‘Mechs Revealed!
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Read more →
|The Scorpion Jar|
|Author||Jason M. Hardy|
|Cover artwork||Ray Lundgren|
|First published||7 December 2004|
|Era||Dark Age era|
|Timeline||3134 – 3135|
|Series||MechWarrior: Dark Age Novels|
|Preceded by||Hunters of the Deep|
|Followed by||Target of Opportunity|
From the back cover
|“|| Exarch Damien Redburn has called for the election of his replacement. Paladins assemble from all corners of The Republic, and those vying to be elected are creating a lively nomination process. But machinations behind the scenes threaten to turn the election into a bloodbath.
Paladins Heather GioAvanti and Jonah Levin are both conducting investigations into suspicious activities swirling around the edges of this high-level gathering. The leads they follow repeatedly intersect, and it becomes clear that more than one group intends to disrupt the election of the exarch. Through political influence, assassination, or rebellion, each of these cabals ultimately seeks to place its own man or woman on the exarch's seat—and whoever controls the exarch controls The Republic.
But Damien Redburn refuses to allow his successor to be a puppet. He is willing to throw a few 'Mechs and a secret agent or two at the situation to get the result he wants—even if what he wants may be a surprise to his operatives.
- Exarch Damien Redburn
- Paladin Jonah Levin
- Paladin Heather GioAvanti
- Paladin Victor Ian Steiner-Davion
- Knight Janella Lakewood
- Knight Gareth Sinclair