- If you need help or attention to a problem, please leave a note to all Admins on the Administrator talk page or for me on my talk page, and you'll get a response as soon as we can.
Introduced to BT in junior high school. I don't play very often anymore, but I do still read all the sourcebooks and keep up with what's going on in the universe. Started August 19, 2009. July 28, 2011- Just found that several of my rank insignia images are being used as avatar images on the CBT.com forums. Sweet!
Stuff to do/Projects:
- Add info to entries in Category:Sources needing updates
(Trying to get this to zero, currently focusing on updates from a single source.)The list never gets any smaller and I'm the only one trying to clear it. Maybe later I'll get back to it, but I've burnt out on this at the moment. (2012-06-11)
- Add info to entries in Category:Stub (Trying to get this to zero.)
The Admins: BattleTechWiki:Administrators
How do I... answers: Help:Contents
- 1 Grammar & Punctuation stuff I always forget
- 2 Shortcuts, a.k.a. "The I Love Me Section"
- 3 Awards Board
- 4 MWDA Dossier Project
- 5 Military Rank Insignia Project
- 6 Cheat Sheet for Adding References to articles
- 7 Burn Rate Information
- 8 Images I've made
- 9 Templates I've made
- 10 Battle Value Template
- 11 Skinning
Grammar & Punctuation stuff I always forget
- Policy:Manual of Style BTW's Manual of Style
- Apostrophe Reference: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe
- Semicolon Reference: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/semicolon
- 10 frequently misspelled words: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
- When to use i.e. in a sentence http://theoatmeal.com/comics/ie
- BattleCorps Style Guide
Shortcuts, a.k.a. "The I Love Me Section"
Stuff I've contributed: Special:Contributions/Mbear
I wrote the Operation Guerrero page, and I'm proud of it.
MWDA Dossier Project
Military Rank Insignia Project
Cheat Sheet for Adding References to articles
Enter text as normal. To get the superscripted reference number, put <ref>''Source Name'', p. <i>NN</i></ref>
Now, for the page to know it needs to put together the reference list, need to add an H2 and special tag, like this:
Burn Rate Information
Images I've made
Templates I've made
- Template:Inner Sphere Military Ranks
Battle Value Template
Create a template that will show how a given unit's BV was computed. (See Policy Talk:Canon#Citing BV for reasoning.) This template will be included on a unit's discussion page so other editors who are good with numbers can check the resulting value.
- First unit type will be BattleMech.
- Will use formula from TechManual (See if this errata is in my copy). It isn't, but I just integrated the errata.
- Be sure to set up template so it shows the computations are NOT canon.
- To compute BV 1.0, use rules from Maximum Tech.
- NOTE: If a computed Battle Value conflicts with a canon source, the canon source will be used.
Questions to answer
- Should pilot skill count for determining Battle Value (probably not)?
As I don't have Strategic Operations, I'll need someone else to set up that template.Strategic Operations is on the way.
Document code changes to main page, awards board, game rules section.
Create alternate skins w/house colors.