Vega neighboring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-3.63 : 106.615[e]|
|Recharge time||161 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||None (asteroid ring)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||45°C (Arid)|
|Highest native life||None|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3136|
|Ruler|| Marianne Vron, Duke of Vega (3025)|
Olivia Vron, Governor (3130)
|Population|| 2,284,000,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)|| B (Precentor Noren Glover) (3025)|
A (Non-function in 3136)
- 2319 - Independent world 
- 2341 - Draconis Combine 
- 2408 - Draconis Combine 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 2884 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3069 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from June) 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until August) 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent World 
- 3136 - Vegan Protectorate 
- 3145 - Rasalhague Dominion 
Vega is a world rich in minerals, metallic ores, and fresh water, and has three landmasses: North Nanturo, South Nanturo and Forsair. By the time it joined the Draconis Combine, Vega was home to a series of industrial concerns producing everything from medical equipment to armored vehicle components. These businesses were required to follow strict environmental protection laws to support the terraforming process. The success of these terraforming efforts allowed the Vegans to import horses and camels from Terra; These animals thrived in the environment.
After joining the Combine, Vega quickly became important to the Draconis economy. As a signifier of this significance, it was made the capital world of the Vega Prefecture. The Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery established a garrison on the planet because it had been attacked several times by the Lyran Commonwealth.
Age of WarEdit
After a bloody two-pronged invasion into the Lyran Commonwealth in 2407, the Archon of the Commonwealth, Alistair Marsden, intuited that not only was another Combine invasion of the Commonwealth almost certain, but that stockpiles for the invasion were almost certainly being assembled on Vega. Archon Marsden gathered the reserves he had left into a strike force and in early 2408 he struck at Vega. Caught unprepared and with only a scattered, piecemeal defense, the DCMS was unable to offer much resistance and the Lyran forces destroyed huge quantities of supplies, ammunition and equipment in what was the first large-scale victory for the Commonwealth. So much materiel was destroyed that the Combine was forced to postpone its invasion plans.
Star League EraEdit
In 2569, Hehiro Kurita signed the Treaty of Vega, bringing the Draconis Combine into the Star League. Ironically, Vega would also be the site of several clashes between the Star League Defense Force and DCMS during General Aleksandr Kerensky's drive to remove Stephan Amaris from Terra.
Second Succession WarEdit
During the darkest days of the Second Succession War the Lyran Commonwealth was losing worlds steadily to both the Draconis Combine and the Free Worlds League, and the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces neared the point of collapse, particularly in the 2860s and 2870s. As the 2870s drew to a close the LCAF regained some of its confidence and launched a number of attempts to recapture some of the worlds that had been lost to the Commonwealth's neighbors, but still couldn't keep pace with the rate at which worlds were being captured. The Combine continued to push towards the important world of Skye, and by 2884 Vega had been captured along with the worlds of Balkan, Kessel, Port Moseby, Ryde and Skondia and the DCMS was on the verge of being able to threaten Skye directly.
War of 3039Edit
During the War of 3039, Vega was invaded by the 3rd Lyran Guards, the 3rd Davion Guards, Snord's Irregulars, the 1st Grave Walkers, and the 17th Recon Regiment. The world was defended by the 14th Legion of Vega and the 5th Amphigean Light Assault Group. The mercenary forces attacked the Amphigeans, holding them in place. The Fifth Amphigean LAG sent their third battalion to harass the mercenary units' flanks, and Snord's Irregulars responded by destroying the battalion. Combined with the losses the other two battalions had sustained, this was too much, and the Fifth evacuated the world.
The Fourteenth Legion of Vega faced the Third Davion Guards and Third Lyran Guards. The two FedCom units held the Legion in place, and once the Fifth Amphigean LAG evacuated the mercenary units turned to face the Legion. The Legion of Vega was trapped between two fronts, and rather than be destroyed they also evacuated the world. The Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces established a forward command area on Vega, and sent the Third Lyran Guards to their next target. While participating in planning sessions, many of the LCAF field commanders were killed by a DEST-planted bomb. This threw the defenders into chaos, and the arrival of the 2nd Legion of Vega, 14th Legion of Vega, and 2nd Dieron Regulars made things worse. The LCAF forces were scattered across the planet, and when the Grave Walkers and Snord's Irregulars were sent off-world, the DCMS forces turned their full attention to the Third Davion Guards. Faced with almost certain defeat, the Third Guards evacuated the world.
Vega was attacked by the Word of Blake in mid-May 3069 in a two-week campaign that saw the Word of Blake use both their own forces and hired mercenaries to conquer the planet by conventional means. In late August 3075 Xi Galaxy of Clan Ghost Bear arrived and launched a campaign to liberate the planet, ignoring all hails from Draconis Combine forces.
The Dark AgeEdit
After the Jihad, Vega was one world ceded to the Republic of the Sphere. It was made the capital world of Prefecture I. In 3131, Draconis Combine agents triggered a massive economic depression on the world by causing a catastrophic bank collapse. Over the next year, the local government worked to restart the economy, but the HPG blackout, the death of the planetary governor, and the destruction of the government complex by a militia fighter packed with explosives, derailed these plans. On the 6th of March 3133 the Dragon's Fury raided Vega but Katana Tormark's effort to capture the world and prove her loyalty to Coordinator Vincent Kurita were a failure thanks to the robust efforts of the planetary militia. An assault by the 3rd New Samarkand Regulars was repelled in 3133, but cost the defenders their popular leader when Legate Francis Nguyen was killed. Vega broke down into a series of armed camps headed by various Warlords.
Clan Ghost Bear sent their Omega Galaxy to Vega to help stabilize the world. They soon destroyed all the warlords, and by 3136, the situation had calmed, and the Ghost Bears were well on their way to re-establishing a functional government. The Draconis Combine sent the 44th Benjamin Regulars to take the world, but the Bears and Vegan defense forces were able to repel the DCMS forces. The Combine then sent the 44th Benjamin and the 5th Sword of Light to take the world. This time they were repelled by the Bears, Vegan defense force, and the 12th Vegan Rangers mercenary unit. The 12th Vegan Rangers later accepted an offer to become a permanent part of the new proto state, the Vegan Protectorate. By 3145, the Protectorate had join the Rasalhague Dominion.
- Fourth Skye Rangers
- Fourteenth Legion of Vega
- Second Legion of Vega
- - At this point in time, the I Triarii was at 30% of full strength, with 53% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- First Vegan Regulars
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Kaus Borealis||18.53||Konstance||19.82||Kaus Australis||25.52||Kessel||25.62|
|Yed Posterior||42.75||Moore||44.30||Ryde||44.37||La Blon||44.64|
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine, p. 188, "Vega Planet Guide"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 25, "Vega Planet Profile"
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega, p. 3, "Vega"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding" - 2319
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding (2341)"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 15, "The Reluctant Archon"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31, "Draconis Combine after Age of War - 2571"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Combine after First Succession War - 2822"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War - 2864"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War "
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 68, "Hanging On"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 193, "Draconis Combine - Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War - 3025"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), Lyran Commonwealth Map 
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War - 3030"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 - 3040"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL - 3052"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War - 3067"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - August 3079"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega, p. 6
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 42
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 52
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 32
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 33
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 64
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 77
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 78
- Field Report: Clans, p. 10, "Xi Galaxy"
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega, p. 5
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 10, "Dark Age Timeline"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 7, "Important Military Actions of 3133"
- Daughter of the Dragon, p. 44
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, pp. 18-19, "Skye Rangers" - Regimental Status
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 139, "First Succession War Deployment Table - LCAF"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 136, "First Succession War Deployment Table - DCMS"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 133, "Unit Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 139, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 40, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 117, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 186, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 173, "Clan Force Deployments - Rasalhague Dominion"
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega
- Daughter of the Dragon
- Era Digest: Dark Age
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report 2765: LCAF
- Field Report: Clans
- Field Report: DCMS
- Field Report: LAAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Historical: War of 3039
- Trial by Chaos (Novel)