|Manufacturer||Nimakachi Fusion Products Limited|
|Chassis||Crucis-II, Newhart refit|
|Armor||Kallon FWL Special Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||VOX 280 XL|
|Jump Jets||Rawlings 75|
The Venom was built to boost sales for Nimakachi Fusion Products Limited. The 'Mech is a modification of the Spider BattleMech that has had five additional tons added to the chassis in order to increase the 'Mechs raw firepower. The 'Mech has excellent mobility, utilizing a VOX 280 XL engine to propel it up to speeds of 129.6 kph. Additionally, the Venom can jump up to 240 meters, making it capable of traversing just about any terrain with ease.
The Venom is armed with four Tronel XII Medium Pulse Lasers which allow the 'Mech to strike an enemy with a blistering barrage of lasers when in close combat. The 'Mech is also capable of outrunning any 'Mech it does not wish to engage, making it a powerful recon 'Mech. With the amount of mobile firepower it brings to the field, the Venom is a powerful recon 'Mech hunter.
- SDR-9KA - The 9KA variant of the Venom is a simple modification that intends to increase the 'Mechs protection at the cost of firepower. This is done by removing one of the Medium Pulse Lasers and replacing it with an additional two tons of armor, increasing the total armor protection to five and a half tons. BV (1.0) = 677, BV (2.0) = 865
- SDR-9KB - The 9KB variant of the Venom is a modification intended to increase both the 'Mechs protection and its anti-infantry capabilities. This is done by removing one of the Medium Pulse Lasers and replacing it with a single Machine Gun with a half ton of ammunition. The remaining ton has been used to increase the 'Mechs armor. BV (1.0) = 638, BV (2.0) = 769
- SDR-9KC - A radical refit of the Venom, the 'Mech has been modified to use an Endo Steel chassis and removes one of the Medium Pulse Lasers. The 'Mech uses the saved weight to mount a single C3 Slave unit, making the Venom capable of sharing targeting telemetry. The 9KC has had an additional Two and a half tons of armor added to the 'Mech. BV (1.0) = 702, BV (2.0) = 842
- Spider - The Venom was essentially an upgrade to the Spider, based on the same chasis.
- ↑ 1.01.1Combat Operations, p. 125
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 30
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 31
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 32
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 33