- Clan Invasion Box Set ‘Mechs Revealed!
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Kirin Orbital Works SJ-3|
|Frame||Type 42-5 Aero|
|Power Plant||340 Fusion|
|Fuel||640 / 8 tons|
|Communications System||KOW-Comm Type 9|
|Tracking & Targeting System||ASG Mark VII|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
Developed and produced primarily by Clan Smoke Jaguar, the aggressive and brutally straight-forward fighter ideally represented their approach to combat and quickly spread to the toumans of all Clans. After the development of the OmniFighter, the Xerxes was shunted to DropShip and WarShip escort roles and production wound down. With the SLDF's assault on the Smoke Jaguar capital of Huntress, Clan Hell's Horses secured all the Jaguar facilities on their shared Kerensky Cluster world of Kirin, ensuring the Xerxes production line survived Clan Smoke Jaguar's destruction.
With respectable speed thanks to its 340 rated Fusion Engine and eight tons of fuel, the Xerxess twelve Double Heat Sinks and nine tons of Compound XAS Ferro-Aluminum armor give the design good endurance for its weight and weapon load, though pilots must take care to use Volley fire to avoid heat-related shutdowns.
Weapons and Equipment
Built around a pair of Aero-Model 4 Ultra AC/20s, one mounted in each wing, the Xerxes is able to unleash a tremendous hail of lead that can cripple or destroy almost any opposing fighter, ground vehicle or BattleMech in a single pass. Four tons of reloads are generally enough for a single Clan sortie, but the mammoth autocannons are supported by two nose-mounted Series S6a ER Large Laser, enhancing the fighter's strafing abilities.
Aerospace Fighter Gallery
Clan Ghost Bear Xerxes
- MUL online date for the Xerxes
- Combat Operations, p. 112
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 156
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 296
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 168-169
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 157
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 297
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 298