Dropship vehicle bay rules revised

Pages: 1
Black_Phoenix
12/03/01 07:10 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Instead of one 50 ton vehicle slot carrying one vehicle up to 50 tons, it will instead be able to carry multiple vehicles wieghing up to 50 tons. Each bay may carry only 4/5 (IS/Clan) vehicles. The type of vehicles in each bay does not matter. The type of vechicles may be mixed in each bay, but the vehicles may not exceed the maximum weight or space. 100 ton bays may carry up to 8/10 (IS/Clan) vehicles.

Any suggestions, comments or questions?
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Black_Phoenix
12/03/01 11:23 PM

Shhh. That's supposed to be a secret. By the way, how did you find out about that? :D
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Bob_Richter
12/03/01 11:58 PM

I don't like it.

I tend to think of the vehicle bay as a kind of garage....and can you imagine the feats of engineering required to stack 10 Savannah Masters in a garage designed for a Bulldog? :)

Anyway, here's how I would do it instead:

Vehicle bay:
Tonnage = tonnage of max. weight vehicle to contain *1.5
(this brings it into line with 'Mech and fighter bays, which actually weight more than they can contain. If you want to dispense with this, go ahead.)

That way, you can make a special Light Hovercraft Carrier, or just refit an existing vehicle carrier with more bays.

While we're at it, Small Craft bays should be 300 tons, not 150 (and for obvious reasons.)
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Acolyte
12/04/01 04:47 AM

I use these.

Each Light vehicle bay weighs 2 tons.
Each Heavy vehicle bay weighs 5 tons and can be used as 2 light vehicle bays. This includes repair, maintenance and living quarters for the 'Techs. This also includes the structure nessesary to handle the ground pressure of the vehicle types.

The total tonnage of vehicles to be carried times 1.1 is the weight that must be devoted to carrying them. This includes the vehicle and the living quarters for the crew. This is also the structure for holding the entire weight of all the vehicles in the bay.

Vehicles under 5 tons are simply counted as cargo.

If the vehicle must be space launch capable, the weight is 1.5 the max weight of the vehicle. (i.e. 'Mechs and ASF's)
The standard 'Mech and ASF bays are designed to handle the largest of these by default, but the bays can be smaller.

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2776

Contact Admins Sarna.net