Dropships and Jumpships

Pages: 1
NathanKell
02/25/02 03:10 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Does the art in DnJ differ from 3057? I know the warships from 2750 differ from 3057, but I was wondering whether the art for other spacecraft changed.
Or even if it didn't change, are they from different perspectives?

The bearing this has on me is threefold:
1. I like spacecraft Especially Hard Sci-Fi ones that make sense, which, at least fluff- and rule-wise, BT's do.
2. I'm gradually working on translating BT ships to 3D, and I usually prefer the earlier (non-3057) art.
3. I'm also making low-poly versions for Battletech: Space Wars, a mod for the game Homeworld.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator
02/25/02 03:12 PM

The artist was different, and the views were different, but all the spacecraft in DnJ were immediately recognizable in TR:3057. I really rather liked the new dropship and jumpship artwork - sharper, better renderings. This made the sea change in warship artwork very, very disappointing.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
NathanKell
02/25/02 03:14 PM

Thanks, that's a $50 purchase that is no longer so heart-breakingly necessary!
And, yes, I find the new warships are...stale, both from an art and a physics standpoint.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator
02/25/02 03:44 PM

The old warships at least (usually) hinted they were built around a long, thin drive core. They were often cylindrical.

I'd recommend DnJ anyway. As I recall, it has fluff unmatched in later works.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
NathanKell
07/06/02 07:31 PM

Thank you!
I greatly appreciate your digging around, and though saddened that there's not, it seems, that much in DnJ that's not in BS and '57, I'm very relieved all the same...addiction is expensive.
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2749

Contact Admins Sarna.net