Can a probe & targeting computer attack an item?

Pages: 1
Newtype
01/02/09 01:06 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I noticed in TW that the word target is anything that can be attacked. So if a unit, that is equipped with a targeting computer, and has a probe to reveal the record sheet of a target, then can the unit target that location to hit a specific item like a weapon, engine, fuel tank, actuator, etc.? I presume the armor would have to come off followed by at least some internal structure damage, correct?
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
01/04/09 03:59 PM

Man you asked something that is not that stupid, well at least compared to everything else I have seen you say.

But I am sure that you will not disappoint everyone and say something really stupid and moronic, when everyone says, "No, you can not do that."
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Christopher_Perkins
01/05/09 11:41 PM

its possible... but not covered under the rules...
Christopher Robin Perkins

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
01/06/09 04:48 PM

Quote:

its possible... but not covered under the rules...

I disagree its possible, if you can't target the head, how can you target something that is a great deal smaller than the head. Maybe in a shut down mech you can but not a running mech. That would have to be covered in house rules.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Zandel_Corrin
01/06/09 05:46 PM

Actually this is covered in the rules... it's under targeting comps...

Your probe reveals there record sheet (not sure on this part in the rules but you know not the issue here. Gonna assume it's an ok thing.... maybe)

So you now know where the target has all it's equip and weaps (where that pesky GR is) so you use the targ come to target that location in the hopes of destroying that item..... you can't single the item out but if you get crits or internal hits in that location then you at least got a chance.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
01/06/09 05:58 PM

Quote:

Actually this is covered in the rules... it's under targeting comps...

Your probe reveals there record sheet (not sure on this part in the rules but you know not the issue here. Gonna assume it's an ok thing.... maybe)

So you now know where the target has all it's equip and weaps (where that pesky GR is) so you use the targ come to target that location in the hopes of destroying that item..... you can't single the item out but if you get crits or internal hits in that location then you at least got a chance.

That is not what he asked. But staying with in the rules yes that is how you can do it.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Newtype
01/10/09 04:29 PM

Here's another question, if a Clan Warrior is participating in a trial of annihilation, then why would his/her own TC not be able to target a 'Mech's head to "get rid of" opposing MechWarrior?
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zandel_Corrin
01/11/09 05:44 PM

Haven't read my TC rules in a while but from what i remember you can target the head but at a +something...... instead of the normal -something.... not sure about that one now....

I have brought in an optional rule before to allow pilots to aim 'up' or 'down' and thus use a modified punch / kick like hit table.....

The up table offered a better chance at striking the head but not too much and the down table offered a better chance at hitting a leg....

The down table was used more often..... my players just like to cripple other mechs for some reason..... *shrug* who knows why?
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Newtype
01/12/09 08:34 PM

Aiming up or down (and also left or right) is a called shot. See Tactical Operations p.78.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7060

Contact Admins Sarna.net