Where can i get the board game

Pages: 1
Greyslayer
09/14/02 08:50 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I believe if you wait they will release a new battletech 'edition' (boxed set) like the old one with the Warhammer on the front.

To play the game though all you need is Heavy Metal Pro (and a printer), The most recent version of Battletech Master Rules and a couple of maps. Look for those things (heavy metal pro is available from www.heavymetalpro.com).

Hope this helps.

Greyslayer
Cheapbuzz
09/15/02 01:14 AM

OK un new newbie guy or whatever. Just go to ebay and you will find just about any thing battletech related you can imagine.
realworldviews
09/15/02 02:10 AM

Try your local gaming shop.
If they don't have a copy then you can either wait a few more months until the re-release of the box set, or you can try ebay.
I would suggest just purchasing the BattleTech Master Rules: Revised, and a set of maps if you can find them.
Minis if you want. I would also highly suggest getting Heavy Metal Pro It will save you a lot of trips to the copiers. If not get some of the Record sheet books.
The box set IS a good place to start though.

But all you really need to play is maps and record sheets and time.
Have fun, and welcome to Sarna.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
Nightward
09/15/02 07:20 PM

Heya. Welcome to Sarna.

You should probably be able to get your local gaming store to order in a copy for you. Begging helps I had to beg my local store to get in copies of most of the Field Manuals for me.

If that is not an option, you could try eBay. At Classic BattleTech (www.classicbattletech.com) there should be a link to take you to an on-line ordering site that they like people to use.

If you are in Australia (unlikely, but hey) there is an excellent store in Melbourne, Victoria, which takes mail orders. It is called Military Simulations. If I had the address, I'd put it up now, but I cannot remember and I'm at Uni right now. If you want the address, just let me know.

FanPro is going to release a new boxed-set Board Game in the very near future, so you might like to hold off until that is released. Other essentials are the BMR (BattleTech Master Rules, Revised) and Maximum Tech, Revised. The Field Manual for your favoured affiliation is probably a good buy, too. And if you don't want to shell out for Record Sheet books, you can download a copy of The Drawing Board from www.pri.migonetwork.com (I think that's the right address), and the File Archives here on Sarna (when they are working again) are current for 'Mechs up to Record Sheets: Upgrades. The Chaos March (www.chaosmarch.com) has the stats for pretty much every 'Mech so if you want to, you can program them in. You could also buy Heavy Metal Pro, which includes all of the above. Finally, the Unseen are back and you can check them out on the Classic BattleTech site, under the "Project Phoenix" link.

Once again, welcome on board.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
NathanKell
09/15/02 08:06 PM

Pryde Rock Industries is the link.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
ChalengerII
09/17/02 04:19 PM

just in case you are english or welsh the only two shops which sell it in GB is Spirt Games in Burton Trent and a shop in Bristol not sure about the last one.
Challenger
MadWolf
11/30/02 06:38 PM

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Metro/8727/

That will allow you to make maps on your computter.

http://www.goldstate.net/~eramey/bmd.HTM

This will allow you to make mech sheets.

If you want to find FASA designs then just go to the sarna.net battletech boardgame archives.

From there all you need is the BMR battletech master rules.
I would say go buy all this stuff, but its now reallllllly hard to get with wizkids now owning the battletech name. If you know the rules, then you just need the sheets and the maps.
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
Vapor
12/01/02 02:25 AM

Is Wizkids not planning to continue printing any of FASA's books? Are they gone forever?
"For those about to rock, we salute you." - AC DC

"The evil that can come, from the heart of a man, must be answered in kind 'till it disappears, and we're safe." - Kansas
MadWolf
12/01/02 04:06 AM

I dont Know for shure if wizkids will print old books again or not, Right now i know they are reallly hard to find which is what leads me to believe that they might not reprint, or print new, but ask the other guys who might know better.
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 66 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 1141

Contact Admins Sarna.net