Assault 'Mech Strategy Question, regarding Speed and Weapon Ranges

Pages: 1
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
01/22/19 03:55 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So, I built a little bit of a darling 'Mech off of the Battlemaster, given the ingenious name of "BattleMaster 2" (I know, so creative right?)

And I was wondering, the 'Mech and it's variants go 4/6/0 to 4/6/4, is 4/6/4 fast enough for a 9 hex maximum range on it's weapons?

Also, what is the general consensus on Assaults with short range only kit, i.e. 9 hexes at most? And what are some of you're personal opinions on the matter? I'm going to post a quickie of the first variation of the design here tonight, will fluff out a full post tomorrow.
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
CarcerKango
01/22/19 10:40 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'd say that if you're doing 3025-tech/Introductory level mechs, 4/6 is plenty fast for that era, when it's the average speed of the heavy mechs it will most likely be fighting. That way, outside of a few lighter-armed ones like the Quickdraw or Charger, it'll be hard to outrun. Outside of 3025 I'd highly suggest an XL or Light engine to get it up to 5/8 so you can really blitz stuff. Either that, or slap an ER Large Laser/PPC/LB10X, etc. on it so it can still do some damage outside optimal range. Preferably energy based so it can't be kited once its long-range weapon runs out of ammo (Looking at you, AS7-D with your LRM-20 and no backup ranged weapons....)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3954

Contact Admins Sarna.net