Long Term Campaign Experience Rules for Mercenary Forces

Pages: 1
Fiaura
07/11/20 06:18 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So I get the Player Characters have Experience to advance with which I allot to them.

But how do the other elements of the mercenary combat unit advance? I know we're suppose to record kills and number of combat scenarios.

I know that Support Personnel are on page 188 of Strategic Operations.
But where are combat units?
IE How do I determine when a Green, Regular, or Veteran advance in rank?

Fiaura
CrayModerator
07/11/20 01:14 PM

The general assumption is that you use Total Warfare's skill improvement system (TW, p. 40-41) by tracking the kills of each combatant. (Total Warfare follows the progression used in prior core rulebooks like BMR, if you're using that.) You can then improve the overall skill rating of your military force per Campaign Operations' Force Creation & Operation rules.

If you have a more detailed force with pilots with full roleplaying record sheets (MechWarrior 1/2/3 or A Time of War), then you'd follow the skill advances per the RPG. But if you're not going that in depth, then the Total Warfare rules apply.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
soikeo7ball
07/12/20 12:21 AM

hi
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 63 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4687

Contact Admins Sarna.net