Cruising Speed: 32.4 kph
Maximum Speed: 54.0 kph
Armour: Star Slab/4 with CASE
Armament:
1 Poland Main Model 12 Ultra Auto Cannon 10
2 Guided Technologies Second Generation Streak SRM-4s
5 Blakenburg Technologies ER Medium Lasers
1 Victory Heartbeat Medium Pulse Laser
1 Flame Blade (Out of Character: Do not get excited over the ‘Flame Blade’. All shall be revealed.)
Communications System: Opticon Model 8 with Integrated C3i Computer
Targeting and Tracking System: Tek TruTrak with Integrated C3i Computer
Primary Manufacturer: Com Guards
Primary Factory: Luthien Armour Works

OVERVIEW

Named for the legendary Arch-Angel of Vengeance from old Terran legends, the Azmodai combines an intimidating appearance with lethal battlefield capabilities.

CAPABILITIES

Like all Arch-Angels from Terran legends, the Azmodai carries a sword of fire. Unlike those of the ‘real’ Arch-Angels, however, it is a product not of their righteous wrath, but of modern technologies. A plasma reservoir in the pommel of the blade releases a constant amount of burning matter throughout pores set throughout the blade, allowing the pilot to ignite it at will. The plasma reservoir refills continuously from the 'Mech’s fusion engine, and for short periods of time, the flame can be jetted out of the top of the blade, incinerating those who would dare stand in the BattleMech’s path.

In its left hand, the 'Mech holds a small, pistol-like weapon. Com Guard technicians have managed to come up with a snub-nosed version of the standard Poland Auto Cannon which allows the entire weapon to be carried in the 'Mech’s left hand. The ammunition for the weapon is carried in clips of 10, one pre-mounted in the cannon, and the others stored in a heavily armoured bandolier that lies across the 'Mech’s left breast. This same bandolier continues across the Azmodai’s back, allowing the sword to be sheathed when not engaged in combat.

Close-range weaponry consists of a Medium Pulse Laser mounted over the barrel of the Auto Cannon. When the Laser is out of its effective range, the weapon automatically switches to a lower-power setting and functions as a targeting laser sight for the Auto Cannon.

The side torsos each hold a Streak SRM-4 and a pair of ER Medium Lasers, plus an additional ER Medium Laser in the head.

Per standing construction orders the Azmodai also incorporates a C3i Computer.

Enemy pilots, however, remember the Azmodai less for its weaponry than its fearsome appearance. Like the Atlas, the Azmodai has a sharp, skull-like head. Since standard Com Guard colouration is bone-white, this has an extreme psychological effect upon its opponents. The rest of the 'Mech is designed to look like the armoured form of a Medieval knight; all of the weapons are hidden beneath armoured ports that open before firing. To aid in the 'Mech’s already devastating close combat attacks, the Azmodai is equipped with Triple Strength Myomers purchased from the Crosby 'Mech Research Firm.

By popular agreement, all Com Guard pilots thus far assigned an Azmodai have had local industries make a long, flowing black hooded robe for their 'Mech. For obvious reasons, it is made of fire-resistant material, and is designed to be easily ripped off for close-in work when the 'Mech will need its SRMs and Medium Lasers. They have also replaced the standard clear armaglass compound of the cockpit with a special, red-stained armoured glass compound and added special back-lighting in the cockpit, creating the effect of blood-red, glowing eyes. When combined with the skull-face of the cockpit and with the hood drawn up and Flame Blade engaged, the Azmodai cuts a truly fearsome figure, even more so during night-time conflicts. The Azmodai will be a walking nightmare from which few enemy pilots ever awaken.

VARIANTS

Because the relatively minor modifications needed to swap the weapons between arms, the Com Guard technician corps will swap the sword and Auto Cannon to opposite arms at the pilot’s request.

DEPLOYMENT

Although first priority for the design is going to the 12th Army, the 102nd Division (Focht’s Knights), 39th Division (White Lancers) and newly forming 232nd Division (Spectres of Vengeance) have received a few Azmodais. They are, however, horrendously rare at the moment; Luthien Armour Works has geared up for an extended production run of the Akuma and Com Guard orders have been pushed to the back of the order list. Only 28 have been deployed so far, but a new shipment of 8 Azmodais are awaiting deployment orders.

MY BLURB

This is based heavily upon (those thrice-accursed %$#@s) Games Workshop’s War Hammer 40,000 Azmodai, the Dark Angel’s Interrogator-Chaplain special character. I briefly dabbled with the ‘Dark Side’ in order to use Azmodai because he just looked so damn kewel and had such a great personal history. Anyway, back to the 'Mech.

The ‘Flame Blade’ was a must-have item for the incarnation of the legendary Avenging Angel. In BattleTech terms, it is composed of a 'Mech Sword and a Flamer. It doesn’t do anything special. But hey, it sounds pretty kewel.

The Auto Cannon-10 was a match for the ‘Bolters’ used by the Emperor’s Finest in WH40K. Everything else the 'Mech carries is simply personal fancy. Rather a pity that there are no ‘Blades of Reason’ in BattleTech, eh?

Anyhow, the Azmodai should give anything else in its weight class a good run for its money. It will work best in cities or other limited visibility/mobility environments.

If you like, you could make it a house rule that the Flame Blade works like a spotlight during night time.

For those (like me) who cannot be bothered to do the maths before engaging, if you fire all the ER Mediums, both of the Streaks, the Auto Cannon, and run, you go to exactly 9 Heat. If you do not want to trust both of the Streaks, fire the Medium Pulse Laser and the Flamer instead, but you go to 10 Heat and loose the Movement bonus TSM grants if you do that.

On a more personal note, I am about to go on 1 weeks holiday to the beach (heh he, poor US saps freezing their unmentionables during Winter over there), so I will be out of contact for a while. If I don’t respond to your posts, it is not because I do not care (well, it might be ) but because I am in New South Wales (accursed heathen country) and do not, in fact, have access to a computer. Until then have a good time (probably better since I’m not here to ask questions and otherwise annoy you ).

MASS BREAKDOWNS

Engine: 19
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Internal Structure: 10
Armour: 19.5
2 CASE: 1
5 Additional Double Heat Sinks: 5
Ultra Auto Cannon 10 with 3 Tons Ammo: 16
Medium Pulse Laser: 2
5 ER Medium Lasers: 5
2 Streak SRM-4s with 2 Tons Ammo: 8
1 Flamer: 1
1 Sword: 5

ARMOUR DISTRIBUTION

Head: 9
Centre Torso: 52/10
Side Torsos: 32/10
Arms: 34
Legs: 42

LOCATIONS

1 Sword, 1 Flamer- Right Arm
1 Ultra Auto Cannon-10, 1 Medium Pulse Laser- Right Arm
1 Double Heat Sink, 1 Streak SRM-4, 2 ER Medium Lasers, 3 Tons Auto Cannon Ammunition, 1 Ton Streak SRM-4 Ammunition, CASE- Left Torso
2 Double Heat Sinks, 1 Streak SRM-4, 2 ER Medium Lasers, 1 Ton Streak SRM Ammo, CASE- Right Torso
ER Medium Laser- Head
C3i Computer- Centre Torso

COST ANALYSIS

At 1,811 (+255 for C3i) BV and 14,755,00 C-Bills, the Azmodai is pretty cheap for an assault 'Mech. It costs a bit more than the Wobblie’s Vanquisher but should pound it into the ground without overmuch difficulty.

Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 145 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 1862

Contact Admins Sarna.net