usmc-1

Pages: 1
wartang
10/17/04 03:12 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
ok before i start i would like to say i dont not have any of my books out with me so most of this is done by memorey so please forgive any mistakes advice is welcome + any corrections thank you

USMC-1
Mass: 60
Chassis: Unknown
Power Plant: Unknown 400 xxl (planing on swaping out for a 360 as sooon as i get the weight for it)
Jump Jets: none
Jump Capacity: none
Armor: Unknown
Armament: 1 r/ac10,ammo 5 tons , 2 med lasers
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown
Overview:
With the rediscovery of the rotory auto cannon many atemps have been used on the battlefeild. the main problem was, and still is, ammo useage and jamming. This latest design was an atempt made by The Lost Mech Lance's owner's Uncle, Samule Brigard, the leader, Knotts, named it the" Uncle Sams Misguided Creation, or the USMC (i applogise to any marines who may read this), in feild tests today it proved to be a very nasty opponet, its GE large caiber mini gun laid waste to much of the land scape. and its victim. While the Lost Mech Lance prides it self on their salvage takeing abilities this design left almost no salvage at all. When questioned about this Knotts reply was quote" war is not a beutty pagent". In interveiw with its pilot, Wartang, who is credited with artilary strikeing a better pilot, said that" it seems work pretty well" well there you have it back to you dan slather
Mass:60
Internal Structure:3 endo steal
Engine:400 XXL weight 13.25?
Walking MP:6 (with turbo 9)
Running MP:9 (with turbo 13)
Jumping MP:0
Heat Sinks:1 double= 22
Gyro:4( before engine swap 3.6 after)
Cockpit:3
Armor Factor:10
Internal: 3
Armor: ferro fiberuos 192
StructureValue (need input)
Head: 9 (3) Center Torso: 30 Center Torso(rear) 11 R/L Torso 28
R/L Torso(rear)10 R/LArm 20 R/LLeg 18
Weapons and Ammo Location Critical
R/AC 10 right arm 7
2 med laser left arm 2
R/AC ammo right arm 2
R/AC ammo right torso 3
i love this game
Nightward
10/17/04 08:43 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Arg. My hate of Level 3 knows no limit.

That aside, though, Gyros always come in full-ton lots, even when you use partial accounting. This 'Mech would still require a 4-ton Gyro.

5 tons of ammo for a R-A/C-5 is a tad excessive. 3 tons provides 60 shots, enough for 10 bursts at full rate of fire- but odds are you'll jam the thing before running out of ammo any way. 60 rounds gives you 30 Double shots or 15 Quad shots, so it should be enough to get you through just about any battle. 2 tons is, I think, a tad too little, but if you go much past 3 tons, you really start risking ammo explosion.

I'm not really sure what this "Turbo" item is; MaxTech brings in the Turbocharger, but that functions like MASC.

Even if you do stay with the higher-heat XXL engine, you've wasted a ton on the Double Heat Sink. The 'Mech can only build 4 heat by running, then gets another 6 if it fires on full auto. Finally, six more points come on from the two Medium Lasers; a total of just 16 heat. You could spend this tonnage on another Medium laser if you wanted and still be safe, heat-wise.

Personally, I would make this a Level 2 design. If you go to a 5/8 movement profile with a 300XL Engine and use Endo Steel, the 'Mech can recieve almost full armour plating (standard, 12.5 Tons, 1 point short of max protection) you can mount a R-A/C-5 with 3 tons of ammo, MASC (3 tons), and then have another 13 tons left over for whatever else you want to add. I would suggest some Medium Pulse Lasers and a Targeting Computer, but a PPC and some standard Medium Lasers would not be a bad choice, either.

Personally, I don't think Level 3 adds much to the game, at least not these days. Level 2 is broken enough as it is
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4124

Contact Admins Sarna.net