1 C.A.S.E. Equipment Body 1 .50
--------------------------------------------------------
TOTALS: 10 11 96.00
Items & Tons Left: 13 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 6,846,280 C-Bills
Battle Value 2: 1,700 (old BV = 1,142)
Cost per BV: 4,027.22
Weapon Value: 1,399 / 1,319 (Ratio = .82 / .78)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 30; MRDmg = 25; LRDmg = 13
BattleForce2: MP: 3T, Armor/Structure: 0 / 10
Damage PB/M/L: 3/4/3, Overheat: 0
Class: GA; Point Value: 17
Specials: if
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
01/31/14 12:22 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I would split that into two vehicles. One with the GR the other with the LRM20. There is no reason for one vehicle to have two main weapon systems, All you are doing is making the engine taking up a larger percent of the weight of the tank.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
01/31/14 06:28 AM

Thanks for the idea, will add it to the fluff as a possible variant under going testing.
Karagin

01/31/14 06:59 AM

???

Variants are the same as the original but with small changes. I was saying to cut down on the tanks weight by putting only one main weapon system in each tank. You might be able to cut the tanks weight in half, or close to it.

Your engine takes up just shy of 30% of the tanks weight. If you cut down the over all weight of the tank you can decrease that present.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
01/31/14 10:05 AM

And that is not the ideal for this line of tanks. One chassis, swap weapons, same spare parts less over head.
Karagin

01/31/14 11:26 AM

The only real argument for heavy tanks is ease of transport and less stuff to manage since you have less units to deal with.

Since what I think of in designs are meant for small scale defense and not offense, so interplanetary transport is not a concern.

The people that I am thinking of when I am thinking of the design of a weapon system is the small underdog that wants to keep his homes safe from attack. I am not thinking of the house lord that has so much money in his military budget that a division of advanced assault battle mechs is just a drop in the bucket.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
01/31/14 03:22 PM

The ER lasers provide negligible firepower. Why not replace them with stealth armor and ECM?
ghostrider
01/31/14 04:16 PM

what is wrong with having two 'main' weapons on a tank? It works with mechs all the time.
I can see where having one missle tank and one gauss rifle tank might cut alot of costs. The smaller chasis means cheaper parts.

As I said with one of the other varients. this is a good way to start making omnivehicles, which the innersphere should have already been doing. The problem is the weapons themselves. Each company makes the housing a different way and doesn't bolt up to another companies brackets. If they would make universal brackets, that would drop the costs of the units dramatically, since each weapon doesnt have to be custom fitted.

Donkey does have an idea there. A smaller chasis that you can do several varients on would drop the price. Granted, it would not be easy to get a long tom into something 2/3rds the size.

Then again, here is nothing saying you could not make some up yourself donkey.
01/31/14 04:25 PM

Quote:

Then again, here is nothing saying you could not make some up yourself donkey.

I have, just look in old posts.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
01/31/14 04:26 PM

No one is going to dig through old posts to find what you are talking about.
01/31/14 05:28 PM

*Stops looking for my pick, torches and zombie shotgun*

You mean that we cant go down into the crypt and dig up some old decaying posts?

Man... I never get to have any fun! *Kicks at a pebble*

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
01/31/14 05:50 PM

I do not believe in having stealth armor on tanks they make too much noise and put off way to much heat as well as you can see their track path, sorry but stealth armor should have be left to VTOLs and aerospace units.
Karagin

Retry
01/31/14 08:03 PM

I'd imagine a mech with all it's walking about would generate as much noise if not more. Not to mention that terrains soft enough to make track paths are more than soft enough to make footprints on the ground.

Stealth armor is basically Null Signature System integrated into standard armor, which masks heat sinks, reduces infrared signatures, and can't be detected by standard probes.

Heat won't be much of a problem if you remove the ER lasers which clearly exist only to use up heat sinks.

VTOLs? Anything but quiet. And if you have access to stealth armor for them, you probably have access to FL armor which would be a much better option.

There may be something with that aerospace business, but I vastly prefer to get MG "boats" which are only effective(very effective) at the shortest range brackets anyways. Get past that too much and the only shots you will make are by elite pilots or pot shots anyways.
ghostrider
01/31/14 09:29 PM

I dont know about most, but looking through thousands of posts is a little beyond my 10 minute interest window.
It would be interesting to see what people have in the ways of varients using the same basic unit, similar to some of the basic omni mechs.

Hey now. I like a 55 ton mech that stands up and fires of 20 mgs, just to see how many go crit.
Maybe the clans should have aerofighters with the light mgs. Makes the 4 hex rule something to laugh at as you kill mechs without doing much damage
ATN082268
10/09/22 10:16 AM

I like this design. The way the AMS works though (at least now), I would swap a ton of AMS ammo for a ton of armor.
Karagin
10/09/22 02:52 PM

Quote:
I like this design. The way the AMS works though (at least now), I would swap a ton of AMS ammo for a ton of armor.

You are aware they changed the rules to where it's a single roll for missiles taken out and how much is used.

If you want to make a variant with the swap, go ahead, I am sure someone in some unit might have done it.
Karagin

ATN082268
10/09/22 04:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:

You are aware they changed the rules to where it's a single roll for missiles taken out and how much is used.

If you want to make a variant with the swap, go ahead, I am sure someone in some unit might have done it.

No, I wasn't aware of the rule change. The last time I played Battletech, I thought they changed the rules so each time and AMS was used, it took 1 round of ammo
Karagin
10/10/22 09:55 AM

If you want to play the swap game, go ahead. A variant would likely happen.
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 86 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 9775

Contact Admins Sarna.net