the no dachi

Pages: 1
neochu
07/13/02 07:38 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
You are right a mech does not have the balance or mechanical capabilities to perform complex movements even in level three rules. but I gues i was not clear about the sword I was talking a bout simple slashes which can be done with a hachtet and a stab it may not survive depending on how much force is involved and as for complex kung fu no mech has the balance to perform a standing roundhose as a mech is top heavy. now with the club move a no dachi has a sword in the right hand i think sop a left wards cross slash would be the easiest but it may stil be capable or a right wards slash if the arm moves in a different way. But as for where the sword lands that is on a dice role. and yah the sword would look really cool on a mech that looks like a samurai(like tha hactamoto hi) as for japanese mecha shows there is only one in NA that is close and there machines are twice as large and way more powerful
as for other features the meditations used by martial arts along with the discipline would greatly help a mech pilot in keeping control in any mech I wonder in the 31st century if any one would think of that

also from what I can remember the BT animated series had features of an anime so who know about ho oreental the game of battle tech is

I am still looking for a picture of the no Dachi So if any one has seen one pleease let me know about where they have seen it
KT
novakitty
07/13/02 07:49 PM

Check your first post about this mech, or just thank NathanKell

http://www.chaosmarch.com/spheretech/mechs/3058/bm-nodachi.asp

for he provided the above address.
meow
CrayModerator
07/14/02 01:15 AM

I don't follow what you're trying to say about swords. Do you have a problem with the current rules or what?
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Nightmare
07/14/02 06:00 AM

And as a small tip, look at the top right corner of this message. There you should find the words "reply", and by pressing that button you can reply to the current post instead of having to start a new thread. It`s hard to keep track of several threads that all have the same name.
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
neochu
07/15/02 02:18 PM

for the samurai in the combine I ave made this conclusion because of what I have read in a number of materials. In the fourth sucession wars military atals volume one there is a battle described between some unit of the combine led by a elite general and I belive hansons roughriders which where out gunned by the combine unit much to suprise the rough riders beat them with the combine leader being unable to beat the roughrider leader because he was overheated so the combine leader surrendered his unit and committed sipkukku a samurai death rite of cutting one's stomach open. this is the act that follows the samurai law of death before dishonor
the second symbol that first told me about the samurai was when I first saw a really detailed image of Kurita's symbol. then it just came to me that the combinesw mech warriors are samurai. As for numbers I have not seen any nor do I think the samuai trait is fully explaine because alot of it is lost even now and it is extremely fragmented but thats fiction.
as for the ERPPC it is the most pwerful energy weapon but I have not had much sucees with it in mech warior3 so I am not really a fan with it but Im shure with a really lucky dice role it could take off a head but I like to increase my odds of distroying a mech better that that. As for the sword and how much I think it is a piece of craftsmanship I just could not see it being used as a major club but for ceramics a hard enough hit will crack a ceramics but If i coluld knock off all the armor I could just blow all the ammo apart with that medium laser in the head for a stab I think a punch type physical attack with the sword pointed horizontally could be a good idea but it is only a punch not a club type attack oh well but does the engine carry ceramics as shileding as well?. I like the battle tech rules but I just became curious when I first saw the sword as a weapon. I even remember seeing CLAWS as well but i havent found them again. I think a combination of both would be a great idea. but the weabons are far more advanced and powerful. but for a lighter mech a physical weapon and TSM far increases the cances of distroying a larger mech. for reflecting lasers I guess it would be a lucky shot but I dont think it would survive a long duration pulse from a pulse laser or X pulse laser(can you say molten pool of metal)
thanks for listening and letting me talk about this
Kyle Turner
novakitty
07/15/02 03:43 PM

Claws: Hatchet tonnage and damage, -2 to to-hit on a target that is clawed, clawed target gets to make a piloting roll to escape on its next movement phase.

Mace: Double hatchet damage, hatchet tonnage, I do not remember the special drawbacks.
meow
CrayModerator
07/15/02 06:01 PM

Samurai do not constitute 50% of the DCMS. Officers may be samurai, but the hordes of conscript infantry and vehicle crewmen are not samurai.

>As for the sword and how much I think it is a piece of craftsmanship I just could not see it being used as a major club

How do you know the sword isn't used as more than a club? The rules do not say HOW the sword hits the target (stabbing, slashing, gracefully, like a club, etc - none of that is detailed in the rules), just what dice to roll and what damage to do.

>but for ceramics a hard enough hit will crack a ceramics

Yes, but the same hit will crack metal, too. With proper fibrous reinforcement, crack propagation can be minimized in materials, including ceramics. (I believe the boron nitride of standard mech armor is specifically described as diamond fiber reinforced.) Give armor ceramics some credit - both real world tanks like the Abrams and fictional mechs use them for good reasons.

>but If i coluld knock off all the armor I could just blow all the ammo apart with that medium laser in the head for a stab I think a punch type physical attack with the sword pointed horizontally could be a good idea but it is only a punch not a club type attack oh well

Note a sword does punching damage +1, not club damage. See pg133 of the BMR.

>but does the engine carry ceramics as shileding as well?.

I believe so.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 227 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4004

Contact Admins Sarna.net