"Storms of Fate"--Coleman, we love you, but now we have to kill you

Pages: 1
Karagin
07/31/02 04:45 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
According to the back history for MWDA, Victor wins the civil war, and goes back to ComStar...and Katherine doesn't get the firing squad so that should tell you how things turn out...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Cheapbuzz
07/31/02 06:54 AM

Spoilers F ing suck!
Karagin
07/31/02 07:13 AM

Been saying that since WK started putting up thier weekly updates...that havehad BT future events in them...but WK knows what they are doing...you gotta believe that.
Karagin

CrayModerator
07/31/02 09:01 AM

Please know that BT novel authors do NOT decide plots, or are only part of the plot making committee.

Coleman probably sat in on a FASA meeting which drew out the huge, plot arc for the next several years (nevermind the FASA collapse part). In the details, someone said, "Keel thees Omi person. I do not like thees one." The committee agreed, put their stamp of approval on it, and turned to Coleman to say, "Now write this."
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
07/31/02 11:09 AM

While true to some extent, Coleman will catch the blame since his name is on the finial product...and thus the fans who feel this plot line should have been handled by Stackpole or whom ever will voice their objections and comments. Thus just as a director of a moive catches the flak if it's a dud, whether or not it's his fault, he is the one known to the public same applies here with Coleman etc...

Seems that the let's kill everyone off plot line is getting over used and doesn't seem to be letting up.
Karagin

Black_Phoenix
07/31/02 03:06 PM

...that really pisses me off is the fact that there was no reason to kill her. Nothing really changes. Vic still fights, we know he wins & somehow Katherine is let off the hook. The only response that would be worthwhile is if Vic walked into the New Avalon palace with an Alamo nuke strapped to his back.

*Takes a deep breath.*

Okay, I am done ranting.
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

deleteme
08/01/02 01:14 AM

I think the worst kill off was The Dying Time.
That was the most depressing book.
I only read Operation Excaibur, and I still grieved for the GDL.
I hate how they're taking this attitude where its ok to kill off all these people, because they know they won't need them to be involved in some future plot (alive).
MadWolf
08/09/02 02:32 PM

Wouldn't it be a twist if Vic got killed in a freak battlefield accident before he killed ( or let off the hook) Kat?
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 90 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 999

Contact Admins Sarna.net