High Damage amount

Pages: 1
wolf_lord_30
04/29/17 06:17 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Here is a screenshot from the last game night that I had on IMMP. It was a match with Kreedo and myself as the attackers with 3025 era 'Mechs against Xenon54z and NordOwl in 3060 era 'Mechs (a miscommunication on my part). We were playing the Hold the Line scenario, so we outnumbered them 2-1 in 'Mechs and they were veterans against our regulars.

My two Grasshoppers scared the opposition and their Rifleman felt safer hiding in woods until my Scorpion blasted its ammo bin with a well placed PPC shot. And when my primarily medium force was not enough to pound them into the ground, Kreedo came in with a Zeus, Warhammer and Atlas to lay waste to anything that came into view.

The Helios took quite a punishment and even though was knocked down, was technically not dead. Before it took the punishment that it did, Xenon had it DFA the badly injured Grasshopper, knocking it into the water and forcing it out of the game with a breached leg and no movement points. Towards the end of the game it got pretty crazy, my Vulcan tried to shove a medium 'Mech off the map but was pushed off the map instead by the light 'Mech behind him.

In the end, Kreedo and I accepted their surrender (even though technically not allowed in the scenario) because it was late and they were down to their last remnants of defenders. Attachment (202 downloads)
KamikazeJohnson
04/29/17 10:51 PM

Better tech AND better pilots...even with a numerical advantage, that would be quite a challenge if your opponents know how to use their advantages. Nice job!
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
wolf_lord_30
04/30/17 12:02 PM

Well as far as my opponents go, I'm going to take a cheap shot here (as NordOwl is my older brother and taught me everything I know) and NordOwl has been out of practice. He might play like me, but I've got more tricks up my sleeve and more doggedness. After 30 years though, I think I've earned it.

Kreedo is on par with me. Personally, I think he's a better player than me, definitely a better RPer, and my victories come from being very aggressive and refusing to quit. Cost me almost as much as it gains me, though. That is until we play as the clans. I don't think I've beat him once as a clanner. I was glad to have him on my side of the fight.

Xenon54z is brilliant player. I haven't beat him in one fair fight yet. Dirty fights, yes, comical fights, yes. A fair fight, well if it's fair, I've already lost. He came into the game a few turns late and some of his 'Mechs weren't maneuvered in the most optimal position. And NordOwl, if you're reading this, I blame you for this. Ok, so in reality, it wasn't too bad, but coming into a game and getting caught up to speed and then having a Vulcan, Cicada and a Hermes II bearing down the Archer's rear didn't help. Plus the fact the Rifleman was blown up on the turn he came in, or close to it, is enough to throw anyone off kilter.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable game.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 220 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3803

Contact Admins Sarna.net