Rule Book Errors.

Pages: 1
Cheapbuzz
04/28/02 07:40 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Did fasa ever try to proofread what they were printing out?
Like in max tech whats up with the long range targeting system all it does is make all targets harder to hit.(Top of page 66) And in the bmr under the minatures section there is clearly a picture of a loki yet they call it a summoner. The rule books are riddled with little mistakes like this. So do whiz kids plan on fixing these or do we just continue to pay hard earned money on inaccurate source books?
Karagin
04/28/02 07:48 PM

Proofreading and FASA are oxymorons they don't go together.

In just about every book FASA but out there was a typo, misprint or the next book contradicted the one before, though this was more a post-1995 thing.

I have two copies of Solairs The Reaches, one has the mech section in it twice plus all of the Characters from the book twice and the other copy has no errors but a couple of typos on words.

The offical word is always printer error or something like that. But one would think they would take the hint that the poor quaility was reflecting on them not the printer...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Acolyte
04/29/02 08:56 AM

Has to do with trying to get product out as fast as they can. Quality suffers. And FASA isn't the only guilty party, trust me.

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
Nightmare
04/29/02 09:23 AM

TSR was a heavy offender. Not spelling-wise, but they
often contradicted themselves in the same book.
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
KamikazeJohnson
05/01/02 12:00 AM

Erors like that have been around forever...my copy of the BTech 2nd Ed. rules talks about the CHM-3 Chameleon, but the included record sheet calls it a TRC-4B Chameleon....
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
05/01/02 12:33 AM

LOL! I know a guy who had both in his book from 2nd ED, and they had the same weapons but one of the sheets had the CHM-3 instead of the TRC-4B line...he thought it was funny..
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3620

Contact Admins Sarna.net