Will Inter Clan fighting...

Pages: 1
Karagin
08/04/02 06:55 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Increase or decrease with coming over some the future events we now know about?

Couldit come down to a war between the Home Clans and the Invasion Clans? With one side trying to gain a foot hold in the Inner Sphere and the other defending their holdings?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
NathanKell
08/04/02 08:50 PM

I really don't see the Clans ever having a "war": they're just too fractious. They may have semi-combined actions, but no just-two-sides-war.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
MacLeod
08/04/02 10:27 PM

The only possible war I can think of between the Clans is Wardens v. Crusaders. The most likely occurance here will be if Vlad Ward decides for some reason to drive towards Terra, using the Wolves' excuse that their vote on Strana Mechty was to abstain and that their fight vs. the St. Ives Lancers was a draw. The Falcons most likely would ally behind them, eager for glory. The other Crusaders would soon follow, although the Ice Hellions might get left behind because they are so weak. The Wolves-in-Exile would be the first to try and stop them, and Phelan Kell Ward might actually gain some respect from the Ghost Bears. The Nova Cats would follow the Exiles in defense of their new home. Kahn Ragnar would definately see the value in following Phelan, and the Ghost Bear Dominion would ally with the Star League. The Home Crusaders might or might not defend the Inner Sphere, depending on whether or not Asa Taney decided to show the Ice Hellion's worth by beating on them.

It's pretty unlikely, tho.
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
SuperCharger
08/07/02 05:31 AM

I have actually wondered if either FASA and/or WizKids was trying to set up an inter-caste Clan civil war. The implications in the Jade Falcon-themed Twilight of the Clans books were that the Scientist caste was increasingly going rogue, interbreeding warriors from various Clans, creating outright "retreads" (clones), and employing the bandit caste for their own security and covert operations. And one of the books definitely implied that the Scientists' mingling of different Clans' genes is what had made the Smoke Jaguars so vicious as to become unstable, allowing their forces to fold underneath the pressure of Operations Bulldog and Serpent. Case in point: Galaxy Commander Russou Howell was an alcoholic, which, according to ilKhan Lincoln Osis, was an almost unheard of illness in warriors. The Scientist Caste's tampering could have allowed that and other weaknesses to creep back into the Smoke Jaguar genepool. And if they did it to the Jags, then they've probably done it to several of the other Clans. If the Warrior caste finds out the extent of their activities, they will almost certainly demand retribution in some form. Whether the Scientists have hoarded enough technology and bandits and clones necessary to survive, that's another question entirely.

But this is all speculation on my part. Even if I'm right and it was their intention to have an inter-caste war at some point, it could easily have become a discarded storyline after WizKids started work on MWDA.
Karagin
08/07/02 06:14 AM

Now what you have speculated on is interesting and something I would have found very fasinating to see what would happen.

I posted last year about the possiblity of an uprising of the lower caste against the warriors and your scenario would fit into that as a catalyst that starts the spark.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
MacLeod
08/07/02 01:33 PM

Dude, the Ice Hellions ain't worth anyone's time. Asa Taney is an egotistical schmuck.

MacLeod
08/07/02 07:02 PM

True, the Falcons might attack the IS because their battle against ComStar in the Trial became their victory. However, it could be argued that they violated the Trial because it came out on a whole to be a Clan loss (except for the Wolves, who abstained). If it was interpreted as a violation of the Trial without a Trial of Refusal, then the Falcons could face Abjuration or even Annihilation! Groovy...

MacLeod
08/07/02 10:15 PM

I wasn't implying that the Falcons were idiots. It was merely a fact. Now the Jaguars, they were idiots. Vlad Ward? Egotistical psycho. Marthe Pryde? Has common sense - after all, she did accept hegira on Coventry and prevented WAY too much bloodshed.

MacLeod
08/07/02 10:30 PM

I thought so too... hmm... but the Falcons did have that science base on Huntress...

Marthe might have sent a cluster there as a garrison, and they wound up having to beat down on the Knights.

Naahhh.... it would make a cool scenario, tho.

MacLeod
08/07/02 10:37 PM

You're welcome.

SuperCharger
08/08/02 06:14 AM

>>Now what you have speculated on is interesting and something I would have found very fasinating to see what would happen.<<

I would have found it very interesting as well. And I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one wondering about the lower castes revolting.

I suppose such a civil war among the Clans could be responsible for not launching a new invasion during and after the WoB Jihad in the MWDA story. Many of us have speculated why the Clans didn't swoop in and take over after the war and subsequent demilitarization. Perhaps one or more of the Home Clans discovered the Scientists' treachery, and a inter-caste civil war in Clanspace wiped out much of the Scientist caste and their technological knowledge. They could be knocked back several centuries, or even further.

OTOH, that might be logical. And as I think we've all learned from the recent storyline nonsense (Adam Steiner got almost a whole book!) that logic and the storyline are at best tangentially related.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 165 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2634

Contact Admins Sarna.net