BattleTech: Space Wars Public Alpha

Pages: 1
NathanKell
12/07/02 06:55 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
That's right, the BattleTech: Space Wars team is proud to present, for public download, BTSW Alpha 0.9. It currently includes an even dozen ships, true-to-the-rules physics and weapons, and new weapon graphics (thanks in large part to HW moding guru SvK).

All we ask is:
1. Drop by our forums and let us know what you think
2. Eagerly anticipate the full public Beta, to be released within the month
3. HAVE FUN!

BattleTech: Space Wars is a modification for the game Homeworld, by Relic. Its aim is to completely replace the graphics, sounds, ship types, weapons, and movement with ships from the BattleTech universe, as presented in Aerotech, BattleSpace, Aerotech 2, and Technical Readouts 2750, 3055, 3057, and (eventually) 3067.

All you need to do is extract the archive, with folders, to your main Homeworld directory. We do not suggest playing the single-player campaign at this time. Skirmishing with the CPU works fine, however, though of course playing against a real person is even better.

Please drop by BattleTech: Space Wars, download, enjoy, and share your opinions!

-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Bloodrider
12/07/02 11:19 PM

Now that's sweet
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room..." -from Dr. Strangelove
Moloch
12/08/02 01:34 PM

I have this game, can't get pasted level 6. Its so difficult cause your limited to the amount of resources you can mine per level and quite often use up everything from the previous level.
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
NathanKell
12/08/02 02:15 PM

We suggest you play only Multiplayer->Skirmish with this mod, and do so with unit capping and research off, and perhaps even resource injections (so you don't have to worry about harvesting).
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3406

Contact Admins Sarna.net