The Homeless

Pages: 1
Cadet
02/26/03 02:09 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Way back in the House Steiner SB (you know, before we were told everything old was worthless) it made mention of members of the Estates General who's worlds were held by foreign powers. The members were know as The Homeless.

So what is their status now? Were the worlds ceeded to the FRR counted among that group? What about worlds taken by the Clans (since many of those worlds were not originally Steiner worlds but belonged to the RWR) or given to the Republic of the Sphere?
Does not play well with others.
Gangrene
02/26/03 04:00 PM

Can't say I remember that, but its been years since I've looked at any of my House books. Unfortunately, that is probably another detail that has been swept under the rug in favor of the clan wars and the current storyline.
Gangrene
SuperCharger
03/02/03 05:33 AM

I'm sure the Estates General still has The Homeless, though which worlds are "occupied" and which have been written off is an interesting question. I've been thinking along the same lines, largely because of this: there is no longer any semblance of a Tamar Pact. While Robert Kelswa-Steiner is the heir to the Tamar throne, there are only a handful of worlds that belonged to the old Tamar Pact still in the Lyran Alliance, and Tamar itself is the capital of the Wolf Occupation Zone, which the Lyran Alliance doesn't even border.

Come to think of it, *if* there was a shake-out among the Homeless, it probably would have occurred when Katherine stole the Archon's Throne from Victor. Under the Federated Commonwealth, Lyran space was reorganized under a march system similar to the FedSuns. I can't find a good map of this, but Solaris was in the Tamarind March, most of the former Skye Federation was in the Skye March, and there was a Periphery March that contained Poulsbo. After Katherine took over, she reorganized the Lyran Alliance into provinces and theaters. Theaters run around the borders, while the provinces are located in the central part of the Alliance. What few Tamar Domains worlds remained were rolled into the Pandora Theater, though Morgan Kell "took responsibility" for several of the worlds by forming the Arc-Royal Defense Cordon.

OK, a little off track, but my point is, by reorganizing in this way, the Lyrans were effectively re-drawing the lines on what they claim. If Katherine and the Estates General decided to drop some dead-weight representatives, that would be an excellent time. Considering the Homeless have little in the way of power and are dependent on the Archon's dime, IMHO Katherine had little use for them and dumped as many as she could. But I've never seen anything (canon or otherwise) that said anything one way or the other.
masdog5
03/02/03 10:18 AM

I beleive there is a good map of the FedCom in the 20 year update.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3288

Contact Admins Sarna.net