Rebirth of MPBT (i dunno if anyone has told you guys yet)

Pages: 1
wargolem
01/10/05 12:42 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Well like i said i dunno if anyone has told you guys yet, but MPBT LIVES!!!!!
What i am talking about is a re-birth of the old MPBT 3025 type game but you need to read on to understand. i played on GENIE online and served as the House Laio mercenary liason for a bit back when Mao Ze Dong was the executive officer there. ( oh and thats just so some of the old folks may remember me if they read this im not bragging)

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/mechassault2/xfactor.htm

now i know what yer thinking MS bought out FASA and totally FUBAR'd the franchise with the dark age stuff, but this is something to look into at least.

check out the conquest description:(excerpt from the web site follows)

MA2's take-over-the-galaxy metagame, Conquest, adds a whole new dimension for those who play on Xbox Live. Though it is a topic well worthy of its own article, here we present a brief Conquest primer for aspiring interstellar generals.

The Conquest universe is made up of approximately 40 star systems, divided among the five Great Houses of BattleTech Lore. These houses—Kurita, Liao, Steiner, Davion, and Marik—naturally want to take over the entire known galaxy, and they'll need your help to do it. Players who have sworn fealty to one of the Houses may choose a system to attack by viewing a star map; valid targets are those which are bordered by at least two of your House's systems. You can also choose to defend a planet that is currently under attack by an enemy.

Each system has a specific map and game type associated with it. For example, on the initially Kurita-owned system Barnard's Star, Conquest matches are Team Destruction on the map titled "No Man's Land." The team that is victorious will earn points towards the successful conquest or defense of the system in question.

There is a lot more to Conquest, which we will explore in future articles. To get in shape, practice your teamwork in the original MechAssault®—it will pay off come December 28, 2004!

anyway at least go to the forums and ask the players about it and spread the word to all the old school players!!!
Silenced_Sonix
01/11/05 05:30 PM

Sounds like an even more arcadish version of MW4.
Evolve or Die
SSFSX17
01/11/05 08:33 PM

Sorry, I just don't like MechAssault, and it looks like MA2 will be just as oversimplified as the first one.
Lousy good-for-nothing mortals. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
Greyslayer
01/11/05 11:43 PM

Until they bring out a proper battletech game (ie like the tabletop game) I won't be playing any of these 'pretenders' anytime soon.
Madlax
01/25/05 01:52 AM

Well I'm insanely late but I would like to point out it was Wizkids who introduced the Dark Age stuff into BT,not MS(MS just messed up the MW franchise,that's all).As for playing "Pretenders",TBH if done right I'd be betting that quite a few people that say that they won't play "Pretenders" would at least give it out a try. I'm certain that people from other table-top universes done the same, an example being the Warhammer 40k people and the sudden arrival of Dawn of War.
Wraith
01/25/05 03:08 AM

Dawn of War was sudden? Rumor has had it in the making for at least 5 years (as long as I've played WH40K)
-Wraith
Madlax
01/26/05 06:15 PM

The "Five years" figure is kinda odd,seeing as the game took around half that time to make...

I was more thinking about the shock affect of actually having a semi-decent game that could convey the feeling of 40k. You see what seperates a good licensed game from a bad one imo is not how rigidly it adheres to canon(though that IS a factor), but how much of the atmosphere is conveyed. Dawn of War strayed from the slavish adherance to canon past 40k games had for general quality of game, but the reason why MW4 is so hated by quite a few people is not because of the fact that it strayed away from canon because in fact to make a transition between formats a bit of butchering has to be done, but because the overall FEEL that is all important to Btech was lost. MW4 simply didn't seem like a Battletech game anymore and the fact that it managed to change some of the mechanics of the game so drastically did not help it(hardpoint system and the like).

Of course most of this is probably just my opinion.

Edited by Madlax (01/26/05 06:18 PM)
Sesshomeru
01/27/05 03:51 PM

Hmm My first taste of Btech was MW4 and I seem to be the only 1 that likes it. After playing MW4 Vengence I got MW4:Black Knight,then I got Mech Commander 2,then MW4:Mercs.,then MW2 mercs.So I never even played the tabletop game,as much as I'd love to get,it would be a waste of money.Nobody plays it here in Michigan.And I'd probably just give up on it because of the record keeping.
With each kill I grow wiser and with that knowledge I grow stronger.
-Artemis Entreri
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 243 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7400

Contact Admins Sarna.net