Post deleted by Nic Jansma

Pages: 1
ghostrider
03/12/20 01:34 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
No. None of the editions to mechwarrior is an upgrade of the last. Much like D&D, they are reworks of the RPG, but unlike D&D, the don't seem to get better then the last.
This is NOT saying they are bad, as like most other RPGs, the GM has a lot to do with how good the experience is. I got up to 3rd edition for Mechwarrior, but stopped when in the book it said 4th edition was coming out soon. It sounded like a money grab, to stopped dealing with it.

The RPG does not follow the table top rules as much as you would hope. They are based on 5 meter hexes, not the 30 meter hexes of the table top. So converting the ranges as well as damage can be a pain. I do like 3 edition getting into separating the mech gunnery skills into ballistic, missiles, and energy. Each requires their own targeting parameters.

And you will need to come up with house rules to deal with a few oddities. Not sure of anything past 3rd edition, so take this with a grain of salt.

I do say it is worth while to play it, but pick one rule set and stick with it. There are some things in each that are nice, but not in other rule sets.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 244

Contact Admins Sarna.net