Amiga Mechforce

Pages: 1
linguistfromhell
12/10/08 06:15 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I downloaded the Amiga Mechforce program off of Sarna and I am using the new version of WinUAE. I have a problem in that when I start running the combat portion of the game - none of the weapons show up in the mech. I can still punch and kick, but I can't use any of the actual weapons.

I downloaded planetemu's version of the file and I can use that mechforce without any problem, but it's only 3025 technology - no clan tech, no star league tech (2750).

Has anyone ran into this problem? And if so, did you get around it? How?

Specifics ... I'm running Windows Vista-32, WinUAE 1.5.3. The ONLY problem with mechforce is the lack of weapons in the combat. I can see the slot for the weapon, I can see the ammo count when the weapon has ammo ... I just can't see or use the weapon. Oh, and neither can the computer/AI. So it's not just a 'black font on black background' kind of thing.

Thanks for your help!

PS - I am not interested in ToS or any of the other games, so please save your breath. Mechforce does EXACTLY what I want it to do - well, except for let me use higher level tech, and that's the reason for this post. LOL.
Sam_van_Ratt
09/16/18 04:44 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi
I'm aware that this thread is ten years and maybe the TO does not live anymore, but I'd like to answer it.
MF did only have level1 weapons/mechs, because in 1988 there was no Clan in plain sight. MechCombat (from 1992) did have Starleague + Clan Tech (=Level2), but the IS lack most ER weaponry.
What does the factory show about this mech(s)? What exact version of MF are you using? Which UAE version or OS is pretty uninteresting as long as the game runs.
Cheers
Sam
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7800

Contact Admins Sarna.net