Looking for the MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat desktop icon

Pages: 1
Akamia
08/26/20 09:58 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So, for some inexplicable reason, I began to seek out the MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat desktop icon – preferably as an ordinary image file – for the purposes of turning it into a Discord emoji for a server I'm part of. Only problem with that plan is I can't seem to find it, either here, or on Google. Does anyone have a copy handy? It should look like a little Timber Wolf.

Part of me wants the other MechWarrior 2 desktop icons as well, especially since I never actually saw them to the best of my memory; the base game, 31st Century Combat, was the only one of the lot that I actually played as a child.
Wick
08/26/20 01:45 PM

This is only partly possible. Original discs are DOS executables so they have no icons. You'd need the Titanium Edition, which are Windows executables. "31st Century Combat" is technically the DOS edition only - they dropped this moniker for the Titanium editions (at least in packaging, I'm not sure if its on software title screen or not.)

I have Titanium Editions of MechWarrior 2 and MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries - they have the same set of five icons. I don't think there was a Titanium Edition for Ghost Bear's Legacy though, so out of luck there. I also have Powerhits disc containing Mechwarrior 1, and the two Crescent Hawk games, but these are also DOS-based so no icons there either.

I will send private message for where to download, since forum doesn't allow upload of ICO or ZIP files. I can attach screenshot of them though.

Attachment (246 downloads)
Akamia
08/26/20 02:14 PM

Thanks!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3921

Contact Admins Sarna.net