Annihilator

Pages: 1
Karagin
12/11/21 08:55 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I am wondering why the entry for Annihilator is not showing the one (ANH-1A) from the Dragoon sourcebook as the main listed version? That one was the first the Inner Sphere saw or knew about. It should be there over the 2A.

I really think the page needs to be adjusted to fit that and not show the 3050 model until the variants are listed.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
FrabbyModerator
12/20/21 06:22 AM

That's part of a bigger problem - we don't really have a standardized article structure. Or rather, we haven't codified for Sarna what variant should be the "lead" variant in articles, or what image should be the lead image in the infobox. We may have to draw up a policy about this, but so far there doesn't seem to be consensus.
ghostrider
12/20/21 11:38 AM

Without knowing the effort it takes to do this, I will say this should have been the way things should always have been done. Hard to get variants of a unit put up if you don't have the base model as the first unit written up.
Though I can see an issue with trying to do this, and have people recognize the unit. Some of the first models are not the ones people were presented in the original box or TRO 3025.
So I guess deciding time line, or time released should be the first issue on this subject.

And yes. As more and more retcons get done, this will change which model would need to be presented in the start of the 'article' for the unit, if you go by the game time line.
Karagin
12/20/21 02:52 PM

This is a wiki that is supposed to be presenting things factually for the game, mechs, vehicles, etc...all should have their first unit presented and then the variants. The wiki is supposed to help folks get into the depths of the game's backstory, weapons, mechs, etc...and it should be a linear path.

I look up a mech and see that the states are from an updated TRO, that is not showing the actual mech, it's showing a variant. Let's use Wookiepedia as an example, if I want to know about the Clonetroopers, they don't give information from the cartoon, no they start with the information from Attack of Clones and go from there, bringing the reader forward. They have info entered so a reader can jump to what they are looking for in the article they are reading. A similar approach could be used here. And yes I know this is a lot of work.

Another point is the wiki is supposed to be there for all fans, not just the current batch brought in by the video games and the Kickstarter.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Frabby, BobTheZombie, Cray, Nic Jansma 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3054

Contact Admins Sarna.net