And... finally... sarna.net will be updated

Pages: 1
Nic JansmaAdministrator
02/04/05 07:19 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So I haven't really updated the site in about 3 years.

Hopefully, that will change.

Now that I have a (bit) of free time, I will be doing some updates to the BT resources for the site. Cleaning things up. Re-adding the Player Database, etc.

Any requests? Changes I should make? Suggestions?
Karagin
02/05/05 12:33 AM

As you have it now and as before it works and I like it. Can't think of anything other then maybe a place to upload HMP files or other mech/vehicle files in different formats for us to download the designs folks post here etc...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
wam27in
02/05/05 10:50 AM

After I sent you the new Drawing Board and Vehicle Factory installers I sort of thought you might make a group anouncement... after all its big news!!! I mean now people can download one installer and have all the latest versions of each one. No more having to download the program and then weapons patches and updates and database files.... only to have to manually install everything... Now people can download one zipped .exe and when they install it ... everything is allready done for them... its allready patched with the latest weapons and updates and contains all the database files {including the one I created} everything you need is preinstalled now... and in less than a wek I will have 3057 done for the Vehicle Factory so those that use aerosapce fighters will have about 100 to choose from.... I just thgouht this might make the "news" ... I cant think of any bigger recent BT software update... Enjoy the new installers everyone.
wayne mercer
wam27in@yahoo.com

Founder of http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Battletech_mechwarriors/ and
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/hyperpulse_generator/
SSFSX17
02/05/05 10:54 PM

Sarna.net will be WHAT? Wow, this is quite a surprise, especially after you said something like "I'm tired of BattleTech so I won't update anymore" a few years ago.

Now that you have a bit of free time, I would suggest a much-improved fan submission system for mech designs, equipment, scenarios, stories, and all that. Definitely allow other people to rate the submissions on a one through five scale. Then, you could set the system to automatically delete everything that has a rating of two or one after a few months. We could sort the submissions by their average rating and see what's worth taking a look at. Then, maybe, the section wouldn't fall into disrepair and neglect like it did last time.

You could also get rid of the old links page and start a new links page based on the few websites which we know are still updated.
Lousy good-for-nothing mortals. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
02/06/05 12:47 PM

Is a updated submissions system really necessesary though? I've removed the old system. However, I know that solaris7 already has a massive, and popular, system for everything from mechs to weapons.

I do like the idea -- just a ton of work to "duplicate" work that someone else has already done.
Karagin
02/06/05 12:52 PM

Not everyone goes to Solaris 7 and it's a lot nicer to get the designs and such here...with a simple download of the file.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
02/11/05 08:45 AM

Quote:

Any requests? Changes I should make? Suggestions?

Well, if you'd update the weapon list with RACs, ATMs, and other new toys, that'd be cool.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
02/12/05 02:07 PM

Cool.. what book are these new weapons listed in?
CrayModerator
02/14/05 10:14 AM

Quote:

Cool.. what book are these new weapons listed in?

The Battletech Master Rules-Revised compiles them all.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
MatthewAce
04/02/05 04:05 PM

MechWarrior IV Mercenaries, with the access to the Mektek's expansion packs.
Urbies are good.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
04/07/05 02:25 AM

This what you want?

http://www.sarna.net/btech/files/index.php?programs/games/mechwarrior_4_mercs/mods/
-- NicJ
MatthewAce
04/27/05 07:37 AM

yea, that is it. Btw, mekpak2, 2.1, and 2.1a are out.
Urbies are good.
Willy01
05/02/05 09:29 PM

What about the story section....
will you add that back?? There were some good ones on the
site. I especially liked the Littlest Elemental
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 16366

Contact Admins Sarna.net