FanPro offers CBT PDFs for sale

Pages: 1
Nic JansmaAdministrator
02/06/05 12:55 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
>>>>>>
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FANPRO OFFERS PDFS THROUGH DRIVETHRURPG.COM AND BATTLECORP.COM

Chicago, IL—FanPro LLC is embracing the digital age! We are happy to announce that we’ve entered into an agreement with both DriveThruRPG.com and BattleCorp.com to offer our Classic BattleTech® and Shadowrun® roleplaying game products as electronic PDF downloads. Both new releases and out of print books will be available within minutes online at any time, day or night. You’ll never have trouble locating our products again! Check out the e-books available at these sites right now.
DriveThruRPG.com is an e-book site dedicated to offering the past, present and future of RPG’s in digital format. What iTunes is for music, DriveThruRPG.com is for roleplaying games. It’s a virtual gaming superstore with products from most of top RPG publishers, from current releases to the classic games that bring us back to the “good old days.”
BattleCorps.com is the premiere on-line fiction source for Classic BattleTech. Developed by InMediaRes Productions LLC to actively support the Classic BattleTech community, their Battleshop offers everything from poster maps to PDF sourcebooks, miniatures to software, and is the one-stop-shop for any fan of the BattleTech/MechWarrior universe. Their subscription-based services also take the BattleTech experience to a whole new level, featuring a stable of authors from national best sellers to great new talent, new art, unique product previews, faction specific message boards and moderated chats with authors and developers.
FanPro LLC is the publisher of the highly successful Classic BattleTech® wargame and Shadowrun® fantasy-cyberpunk roleplaying game, both licensed from WizKids, Inc.
>>>>>

Well, that sounds cool and all, but what exactly does it all mean? Well, let me say right off the bat that the fan in me is so excited about this I can't stand it (though I REALLY need sleep after the last few days of trying to get this active; can't imagine how Dave's handling it).

The PDFs are DRM free, so you can not only select text, but the entire PDF is searchable! Looking for that one component in Objective Raids? Or the one mention of Helios in the Periphery sourcebook? No more scouring for hours, while breaking book spines...it's all just a few clicks away. Not to mention having to wince as I crack open an irreplaceable DropShips and JumpShips for a little research. And wait until you figure out you can load it all on your PDA for transport anywhere! The possibilities are just so cool and endless.

As for what BattleCorps.com has available right now, I find it very appropriate that the first non-box set product ever published for BattleTech (and the third product published for the line, period) is one of the first to launch: Tales of the Black Widow Company. Additionally, BattleCorps.com is also currently selling: Technical Readout: 2750, Objective Raids, Field Manual: Mercenaries, Revised, Handbook: House Steiner, BattleTech Master Rules, Revised and even Historical: War of 3039, which is just now hitting game store shelves.

Disappointed your favorite Housebook, sourcebook or scenario pack isn't available yet? Don't worry, it will be. Every week will see additional products added to that list. If we can find a way to PDF it and bring it to the community, we will.

And did I mention you don't need to be a member of BattleCorps.com to purchase these PDFs? Or most of the other cool stuff on the BattleShop, such as IWM miniatures, the HeavyMetal line of software, not to mention cool rolled, poster maps of the Inner Sphere? Course, being a BattleCorps member gets you a 5% discount, which will begin to save you money fast as the PDFs start piling up. And of course, there are the few exclusive items for subscribers, such as the Aiden Pryde figure and Mad Cat Pryde, going on sale this month.

Well, I think that about covers it all. Head on over to www.battlecorps.com and check the BattleShop out! (Thinking about heading off to bed, now....)

Randall
SSFSX17
02/07/05 02:48 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Yes! I can actually get the stuff now!
Lousy good-for-nothing mortals. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 10033

Contact Admins Sarna.net