Mektek Mekpak

Pages: 1
Grizzly
11/26/03 12:13 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I don't know if anyone is interested or not, but Mektek (www.mektek.net) has released there mekpak for MW4:Mercs. It has many new weapons, including ATMs, Heavy lasers, and even an IS PPC with capacitor. The best part is that you can now pilot several old school mechs. It has the Avatar, Blood Asp, Marauder, Stalker, Strider, Warhammer, and both the IS and Clan version of the Urbie! It also has a new clan 60 tonner called the Ares. All of the missile weapons work correctly for me, but the new energy and ballistic weapons don't work for me. When I use them, I get kicked out of the game and get an error message. I am going to try to reinstall everything, but if any of you know what might help, I would appreciate your input.
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Lone_Wolf_Radick
07/06/04 12:39 PM

Unfortunately, that's a risk you take when installing anything that's not official to a game... Like the old mods for doom and warcraft II, it's best to make a backup of your files before tampering, (remember toying with hex editors and UGE back in the day? backup was the word) else you may get errors that even the designers didn't forsee... I guess just try to reinstall the whole game, then your new mekpak and see if it helps... Failing that, just notify the publishers and see if a patch is available... good luck to thee... Was always wondering when the Urbie would show up.... *shudders*
War Never Determines who is right, only who is left.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing-Darth Vader"
Aunduril
04/12/05 06:54 PM

MY friends and I use the Mekpaks and love them.

(Riflemen=utter ownage)
"What we do in life echos into eternity. " - Maximus - The Gladiator.
Neldor
04/20/05 04:06 PM

One major thing is you need to have the switcher installed that they have on the MekTek main site. Also if you had modded your game files in any way, (like installing new maps, unofficial patches, or anythings else other than what you get when you installed the game) it would probably screw up the MekTek's Patch. Also make sure that you have the correct patched version of Mercs. when you install the MekPak.
*This Mod tottally rocks it is so fetch*
~Neldor~
If you are making a new empire and want some extra cash, go ahead and use my promotional code: Mithlond Legacy

"Who are the HoC? Well, the HoC are pretty much the same as those nuclear bombs without their own cool icon thingy."
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 39 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6956

Contact Admins Sarna.net