Missed shots

Pages: 1
chez
10/07/05 01:45 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
As we are all aware a shot that misses it's intended target disappears into the ether except for swarm etc.
I was contemplating designing a lvl2 AC130 Spectre with a Thumper artillery cannon and 2 RAC5s. Spectre's firing arc would be down and left and to fire it would orbit the battlefield firing DOWN at the target hex.
Thus the question - if some of the RAC5 shots miss where do they go? Because in low intensity warfare the target will be infantry or light armoured vehicles and even a "scattered" shot would be of use
eg the PBI unit whose hex is struck by a missed round will surely be just as eviscerated as one that was struck in the target hex

The question is only valid due the downward angle of firing otherwise I accept that a miss is a miss

chez
"In order to stab someone in the back it is first necessary to get right behind them" Sir Humphrey Appleby
Wraith
10/07/05 09:25 PM

well the hexes are 30m across, if you're aiming at a tank, I'd guess that you'd miss by a couple meters, not hit the infantry bunkered down 30m away.
-Wraith
Toontje
10/08/05 02:51 PM

Sounds like a rpg: Check with the GM. In general target numbers are mainly for game balance, not realism. With a number of shells going out like that, I'd say any PBI in the target area is minced.

Otherwise, I'd say the small size of a single soldier is compensated by the chance to hit another from the platoon, thus the to-hit is similar for infantry, mechs and tanks (which do require a direct hit.)
Rather to blow up, then.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4298

Contact Admins Sarna.net