Ideas for an Assault Lander...

Pages: 1
Karagin
06/18/02 09:54 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Okay I am looking for some ideas for an assault lander: So in the spirt of my Star League Contracts...

Star League Contract ASL-890

This contract will be awarded to the firm that meets the following requirements for the new SLDF Assault Lander Dropship.

Point 1: It must be Aerodyne.
Point 2: Must be able to carry either a company of medium mechs or the same of vehicles or infantry (both armored and unarmored)
Point 3: It must have at armor to be able to survive landing in a hot landing zone or drop area.
Point 4: Cost should not be over 190,000,000 C-bills
Point 5: It can carry fighters but this should not take away from it's ability to carry mechs.
Point 6: Level 2 tech only.

Please submit your prototpyes to the SLDF Testing Command for evaluation and testing.

(My blurb: Have fun, but keep it with in reason and within the frame of the universe.)
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
NathanKell
06/18/02 11:35 PM

Quick Q: "vehicles or infantry (both armored and unarmored)"
Does this mean 2 cpy of infantry, 1 armored and 1 unarmored, or that I get to pick which one?
I guess the latter; just making sure.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
06/18/02 11:45 PM

That is up to you, but it should have enough room on it to carry one or the other.
Karagin

NathanKell
06/19/02 06:27 PM

I'll be a bit, but I'm submitting one...

Henry Wade, Assistant Counsellor for Export
New Hope, New Hope
Stellar Union
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
06/19/02 08:14 PM

Ok. We will be looking forward to it.
Karagin

NathanKell
06/24/02 12:38 AM

I have the ship basically done, but one other quick question, regarding cost: is this based on BattleSpace's cost system or AT2's?
Because in BattleSpace the multiplier was 7 for Spheroids and 9 for Aerodynes, IIRC, but in AT2 it skyrocketed to 36 and 28.
I have a terrible suspicion the ©190 million takes that into account, though... If so I'll scrap a good deal of the weapons and post.
As it stands she comes in at about ©250 million.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
06/24/02 03:00 AM

Could you post it both ways?

I can use some what you post to point out the massive changes and problems to Chris H. and hope he will see reason and make changes...
Karagin

NathanKell
06/24/02 12:07 PM

Major changes:
FCS: For dropships: Instead of a maximum of 8 weapons per bay type per arc, period, it's now a maximum of 12 weapons per arc or pay in tonnage (10% extra of weapon tonnage for 13-23 weapons, 20% for 24-35, etc.).
Cost: Multipliers for dropships used to be 9 and 7 (A and S). Now they're 36 and 28 (i.e. costs are up by 4x).
Crews are now based mostly on tonnage and the number of gunners needed, not on the maintenance needed.
Ferro-Aluminum armor is allowed for drophsips, and now dropships have their armor in standard scale.

I think that's it...
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
06/24/02 12:28 PM

Yes those are the known areas that got overhauled...as I and others are finding while helping Rick out HMAERO...
Karagin

NathanKell
06/24/02 12:56 PM

Type: SD-19 Bucephalus
Mass: 1,500 Tons
Use: Dropship
Technology Base: Inner Sphere 3060 (Export Version)
Length: Haven't drawn it yet, dunno.
Width: ""
Height: ""
Fuel: 40 Tons (2,000 Points)
Tons per Burn Day: 1.84
Safe Thrust: 5
Maximum Thrust: 8
Structural Integrity: 8
Armor: Ferro-Aluminum
Heat Sinks: 51 (102) (Max Heat = 192)
Weapons:

Nose:
3 ER PPCs
9 ER Medium Lasers
3 Small Lasers
3.15 tons FCS

Each LW/RW/Aft
2 ER PPCs
6 ER Medium Lasers
3 Small Lasers

Armor Distribution
Total Armor: 677 (68), 36 Tons
Nose: 221 (23)
Sides: 171 (18)
Aft: 114 (12)

Bays:
12 Light Vehicles, 3 doors (1 through the nose, 2 side-by-side aft)

Cargo: 6 Tons (use above doors)

Crew: 2 Pilots, 3 Engineers, 6 2nd Engineers/Gunners
Quarters: 6 Enlisted, 5 Officers; 10 Life Boats are provided.

OVERVIEW / CAPABILITIES

The SD-19 Bucephalus was developed from the S-19 spaceframe as the standard rifle company dropship of the Stellar Union, and so the large central hold of the S-19 was strengthened and modified to hold a Line Rifle company of twelve IFVs and a command vehicle with their one hundred and four crew. The Bucephalus was also given a fair armament, useful in defense and for strafing the LZ: a tribarrel Particle Cannon and three Medium Laser tribarrels in the nose, and a single Particle Cannon and Medium Laser tribarrel in each wing and aft. A single Light Laser tribarrel in each arc provides point defense. Enough heat sinks are provided to allow for engagement with either the Particle Cannon or Medium Lasers in each arc, while always allowing for the point defense Light Lasers to fire.
The export version of the Bucephalus includes none of the advanced Stellar Union avionics or equipment, replacing the Particle Cannon with standard Inner Sphere ER PPCs, the Medium Lasers Tribarrels with triple clusters of ER Medium Lasers, and the Light Laser tribarrels with clustered Small Lasers. The heat sinks are double strength and provide the same abilities relative to the armament. To make up for this, and because it is not needed in the export version, the medium vehicle pallet is removed.
Because it was designed for only orbit-to-planet drops from small craft bays on Stellar Union warships the Bucephalus has only minimum life support and fuel. While the export version does not change this, it is not noticeably more cramped than a Leopard, and the fuel supply--three weeks at 1G--is ample for system transits.

BV: I haven't modified the BattleSpace spreadsheet for this yet.

Cost: ©248,598,000
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
06/24/02 01:06 PM

Nice. I like it. Excellant fluff.
Karagin

NathanKell
06/24/02 01:08 PM

The BattleSpace version lacks the FA armor (armor is 201/151/105) and removes the SLs and 6 heat sinks (now 45 total); in exchange it mounts 5 MGs with 1 ton ammo in each arc. Total cost is ©67,774,500.

The Cheapo version switches the armor the same way and downgrades the ER weapons to normal 3025 weapons. It also has 15 heat sinks less (now 36 total). Total cost is ©184,878,000.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
06/24/02 05:44 PM

Interesting, that the BS version is cheaper then the AT2 version...

I like all three.
Karagin

NathanKell
06/24/02 06:54 PM

The BS version is cheaper because the cost multiplier (BS calls it "Labor Cost", AT2 calls it straight up "Cost Multiplier") is only 1/4 what it is in AT2 (9 instead of 36). The cost difference for going back to standard armor is negligable.

And--thanks! My pleasure.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
06/24/02 08:10 PM

nods...I agree that someone went over board on that part...

Seems your company may win the contract by default...no one else wants to enter.
Karagin

Karagin
09/29/02 01:54 PM

Ideas? Thoughts? Submissions?
Karagin

Karagin
10/14/05 06:50 PM

OKay thought I would bump this one so everyone who missed it can try their hands at it...
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8187

Contact Admins Sarna.net