Totaly pointless fun.

Pages: 1
Venom
06/24/06 11:46 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
A few years ago, my friends and I came up with a sort of Battletech Gran Prix. You took a 'mech from each weight class(light, medium, heavy and assault) and technology level(IS, Lvl2 IS, and Clan). You started in your light lvl 1, once that one died, you could either move over(into a light lvl 2) or up (into a medium lvl 1). Each 'mech you lost you either move up or over, until you Clan Assault dies. Last one standing wins.

This helps visualize the "progression"

Assalt Lvl1 Assault Lvl2 Assault Clan
Heavy Lvl1 Heavy Lvl2 Heavy Clan
Medium Lvl1 Medium Lvl2 Medium Clan
Light Lvl1 Light Lvl2 Light Clan

A great way to kill a weekend with friends, you won nothing more than bragging rights for the year. It was a great test of design skill for those who went the homegrown or modifed route. An exercise in strategy as you had to decide if you sould go up or down on the scale. And it was an excellent studdy in tactics with 'mechs of all weight classes and tech levels on the board.

The first time we played we had six competitors and instead of the whole up or over system, you went through the lights, back to a lvl1 medium, through the mediums and so on. It took a good two weekends. That was when we came up with the stageing idea. Half the 'mechs, half the time.

This year we are going to try to get together and add a twist, a Level 3 'mech of any weight class after your clan assault dies. That will be your final 'mech. It could help those who had bad luck earlier in the game catch up.

I am going to try MegaMek and see if it is sufficient for our needs, now that we all have jobs, time is of the esscense.

Just thought I would share my little game with you all, hope you enjoy if you ever try it.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 161 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3835

Contact Admins Sarna.net