Best Trilogy?

Pages: 1
Venom
07/05/06 09:31 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What do you think was the best trilogy in the BTech fiction universe and why? I ask for a trilogy because most of the books come in threes and the Twilight of the Clans is pretty hard to beat.

I liked the Jade Phoenix trilogy. It did a good job of painting a picture of Clan life. However, I must qualify my answer as I never could get my hands on the Grey Death or the Wolf's Dragoons books.
sdog
07/06/06 08:35 AM

Warrior Trillogy by Stackpole.
Fang
07/06/06 01:40 PM

There were three Wolf's Dragoons books? I read Wolves on the Border, and Wolf Pack. Both very good and among my favorite CBT books.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
sdog
07/06/06 01:43 PM

maybe he meant Heir to the Dragon, by the same author as those wolf dragoons books, and closely related to Wolves at the Border.
Wolf Pack was released much later, and plays after the clan invasion.
CrayModerator
07/07/06 08:44 AM

Quote:

There were three Wolf's Dragoons books? I read Wolves on the Border, and Wolf Pack. Both very good and among my favorite CBT books.

I think I lean toward the Warrior trilogy, just because it so shook up the stagnant state of the Inner Sphere.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Bardock_Davion
08/16/06 04:46 AM

I enjoyed the Gray Death Legion Saga the most. Then the follow up books made me even more comfortable with the unit. And how could you ignore the sexual tension in the saga. Rare romance present in this series although I'm NOT a romance fan. Just pointing out the fact that it is a rare topic in such a war driven series. You know Love and War being such closly related topics in almost everyother book, story, television show, and Life.
Long Live the Davion Blood Line!
Striker
08/16/06 09:39 PM

I would have to say the Gray Death Saga followed closely by the Warrior Trilogy..

Justin Xiang rules all.
Iceman
08/24/06 06:14 AM

Decision at Thunder Rift was one of the worst BT novels I ever read. Besides the fact of being old (which is painfully visible in the descriptions used), it's also exagerated to the point of being ridiculous. That last battle at Thunder Rift is just ludicrous, 3 rookie mechwarriors in 20 ton mechs vs a company of seasoned kurita mechwarriors in mediums and heavies... Iik. The story has too many holes IMO.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 89 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6108

Contact Admins Sarna.net