Tripod
09/02/07 03:46 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
thats actually quite interesting...hmm
TBA
Newtype
10/24/08 11:32 AM

What's wrong with allowing mechanically jump boosted unit to do a DFA against an immobile target?
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zandel_Corrin
11/07/08 12:32 AM

Quote:

What's wrong with allowing mechanically jump boosted unit to do a DFA against an immobile target?

The problem is that over the distance we're talking about here even a minor aiming issue will result in a miss. The reason you can DFA with jump jets is because JJ are adjusting your tradjectory in flight while the jump boosters are not...

If you jump can you adjust your tradjectory in flight? No? neither can a mech with boosters... if they aim for a bridge and see it's got mines on it while they're in flight then tuff luck.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Newtype
11/07/08 06:17 PM

Actually I can jump onto a small cereal box on the floor as well as toy miniatures. So it's possible for a 'Mech to DFA an immobile target using mechanical jump boosters.
Lafeel
11/07/08 07:28 PM

Quote:

Actually I can jump onto a small cereal box on the floor as well as toy miniatures. So it's possible for a 'Mech to DFA an immobile target using mechanical jump boosters.

Did that make sense to anyone? *tries to read it backwards to try to figure it out*
Prince_of_Darkness
11/07/08 08:59 PM

Quote:

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 22679

Contact Admins Sarna.net