Why no immobile -4 modifier when attacking units that do 0 MP?

Pages: 1
Newtype
01/20/09 12:27 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
If a unit is not moving, then it's immobile. So when nonmoving unit is attacked there should be -4 immobile target modifier against it.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kovax
01/20/09 03:03 PM

A unit that is immobile cannot move, and the shooter can aim and fire at his/her convenience.

A unit that moves less than a full hex gets a 0 modifier but is still considered mobile. Movement can include dodging back and forth, ducking, and any other such actions that take the unit less than 30 meters.
Lefric
01/21/09 11:59 AM

not moviong and immobile are different things. A car idling is mobile. A car without an engine or turned off is immobile. Things that can move but don't are mobile. Things that can't move are immobile. Or, in other words, I know that the building I'm shooting at won't move; that Griffon standing still may - and so it's mobile.

simple.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm." -George Orwell
MaiShirunaiispretty
03/10/09 01:09 PM

Quote:

A unit that moves less than a full hex gets a 0 modifier but is still considered mobile. Movement can include dodging back and forth, ducking, and any other such actions that take the unit less than 30 meters.

Yeah, that's why spend 2MP for field manual ability provides +2 to-hit modifier defensive bonus.

Quote:

A car idling is mobile.

An idling car in park is not mobile.
Wow, those bracing maneuvers sure do come in handy when firing proximity fused precision cluster flak ammo at a Balancer LAM. Unfortunately they make my 'Mech an immobile target for that LAM. Oh well, at least I'm getting partial cover.
Fang
03/10/09 02:57 PM

A idling car is mobile, it is just not moving.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
Zandel_Corrin
03/10/09 10:42 PM

Mobile assumes that the unit (car) can move at any time if it so chooses... thus an idling car IS mobile.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5522

Contact Admins Sarna.net