Transportation Costs...

Pages: 1
adamwehn
02/25/09 09:33 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I need to figure out the transportation costs for a mercenary unit to get from Outreach to where they're going for a mission. Any of you got a way to calculate the costs of transporting the mercs?
Kovax
02/26/09 12:37 PM

One of the old Mercenary's Handbooks had a detailed section on transportation costs. I don't remember which edition, anymore, sorry.
NeverSayNever
03/01/09 08:03 PM

Quote:

I need to figure out the transportation costs for a mercenary unit to get from Outreach to where they're going for a mission. Any of you got a way to calculate the costs of transporting the mercs?

If I recall correctly - and as far as I know - the old:

"Mercenary's Handbook 3055"

used to contain a section about transport with detailed guidelines for mercenary related transportation costs, like tables etc., probably out of print (OOP) for a long time now, but it might be still available either as a used book - and or as a PDF-book / e-book?

For example renting a Leopard class dropship for a short trip would cost your mercenary unit approx. 60,000 ComStar Bills per jump, while a short trip with a Union class dropship would cost you approx. 150,000 ComStar Bills per jump.

By the way, if you want to determine the number of jumps required for a specific journey you might want to take a closer look at the following sarna wiki link:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Category:Planets

Good luck, have fun travelling with your merc unit ...

Have a nice day / night.
Zandel_Corrin
03/01/09 09:40 PM

look at the tech read out 3025 revised.... the one with dropships in the back... they have costs there.... only for them and the jumpships tho....
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
adamwehn
03/25/09 10:53 AM

Any of you know the Jumpship costs of transport? FM Mercs Revised has a table with costs for various droppers. But nothing on Jumpers.
CrayModerator
03/26/09 02:06 PM

Quote:

Any of you know the Jumpship costs of transport? FM Mercs Revised has a table with costs for various droppers. But nothing on Jumpers.

They usually charge 50,000CB per DropShip per jump. I think that was the old standard.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 76 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5872

Contact Admins Sarna.net