What do dronesensors & droneequipment do?

Pages: 1
Newtype
03/13/09 12:07 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Someone told me that the 0.5 ton dronesensors were really just a type of recon camera like what the Boomerang Spotter Plane has and that the 10% droneequipment tonnage was really just protection for everything the drone has to protect it from outside controlling influences, is that true?
Christopher_Perkins
03/13/09 08:49 PM

Read Maximum Tech...
Christopher Robin Perkins

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
Newtype
03/14/09 05:05 PM

I did. That book makes no indication as to what the dronesensors and droneequipment do.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/16/09 03:41 PM

*SHOCKED*

newetype reading the rules and not making them up as he goes!!!

Man, what is the world coming to!?! *Looking around for the Four Horsemen.*

Talking of the Four Horsemen, I seam to remember something about a mercenary unit called the Four Horsemen. Is there a mercenary unit called the Four Horsemen in BT? Or am I remembering it from some other source?
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Kelly
04/02/09 12:11 PM

Drone sensors are mostly for spotting for LRM fire and in double blind rules.
Napfind is for mapping battlefields so you know the terrain.
Some mornings you just don't feel like slaying dragons!
Christopher_Perkins
04/02/09 02:59 PM

In game they do preciesely Nothing...

In universe
the Drone Equipment controls the drone... if you are using HM Pro this will be triggered by declaring the vehicle a drone. The Drone Sensor is what Links the Drone to the Command Vehicle when crew matters, the drone is always treated as if it has a crew of 1

the Drone Sensor and/or Drone Control Equipment is where the Crewman sits in the Drone Control Vehicle and relays the commands to the drone... (in HM Pro, you have to elect this from the equipment list...) This will increase the crew of the Drone Control vehicle by 1 for each drone being controlled

BattleTech Drones are what we now refer to as Remotely Piloted Vehicles (RPV) rather than autonomous devices
Christopher Robin Perkins

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 79 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5799

Contact Admins Sarna.net