Enhanced ER PPC...

Pages: 1
adamwehn
04/19/09 04:08 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Anyone here have the full details on it? I have the basics of weight space and damage and such.
Zandel_Corrin
04/19/09 07:41 PM

What are those specs? This i have never heard of i'm sorry to say.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
adamwehn
04/19/09 07:51 PM

Quote:

What are those specs? This i have never heard of i'm sorry to say.

Everything is the same as the IS ER PPC except the Enhanced ER PPC does 12 damage not 10.
CrayModerator
04/19/09 08:11 PM

Any idea what book it showed up in? It sounds like the proto-type Clan ER PPC as it appeared in the 2820s.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
adamwehn
04/19/09 08:23 PM

Quote:

Any idea what book it showed up in? It sounds like the proto-type Clan ER PPC as it appeared in the 2820s.

One of the jihad books, it's from what I know a Wolverine weapon.
Prince_of_Darkness
04/19/09 09:32 PM

Quote:

Blake Documents- the one that is so amazing, it is probably made of Bacon.
CrayModerator
04/20/09 08:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

One of the jihad books, it's from what I know a Wolverine weapon.

Ah, okay. Found it. It's in the Pulverizer's TRO on pg150, which is an early Clan 'Mech the Wolverines reportedly fielded during the Trial of Annihilation against them. Yes, it is a missing link between Star League/Inner Sphere ER PPCs and the Clan ER PPC.

The Enhanced ER PPC does not have a standalone write-up. It receives a footnote in the TRO over the Pulverize. After listing weapons for the 'Mech, where the Enhanced ER PPC is noted as being 3 crits and 7 tons, a footnote says, "Note: Enhanced ER PPC inflicts 12 points of damage."

It also appears in the Record Sheet of the Stag II in the end of the book, where it is listed as having 15 heat, 12 damage (direct energy), no minimum, 7 short, 14 medium, and 23 long.

In other words, the Enhanced ER PPC is identical to a normal Inner Sphere ER PPC but for 2 extra damage points, enough to be a headcapper.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Prince_of_Darkness
04/20/09 10:10 AM

And a perfect headcapper at that. Can you imagine a Malak with a very well-known Manei Domini Pilot at the helm carrying one of these things?
CrayModerator
04/20/09 04:37 PM

Quote:

And a perfect headcapper at that. Can you imagine a Malak with a very well-known Manei Domini Pilot at the helm carrying one of these things?

I like thinking of Malaks and MD in general getting caught amongst a lance of Warlords. Enhanced ER PPCs are nice, but the IS's (overweight) answer to the Clan ER PPC has more subatomic lovin' to deliver.

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7878

Contact Admins Sarna.net