MC2 mech comparison.

Pages: 1
mechpilot19
06/21/09 02:50 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Which is best? The Lao Hu or the Madcat? Discuss.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
06/21/09 09:40 PM

The Madcat is clan technology with a clan pilot and the Lae Hu is IS technology with a IS pilot. The Madcat will win every time.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Prince_of_Darkness
06/22/09 02:40 PM

It depends.

If it's the base configuration, the Mad Cat will win only if it can keep the Lao Hu at range. The Range system in mechcommander 2 keeps it's pilots from using Long-range guns close-in, and what the Mad Cat has there are huge LRM batteries and twin ER PPC's. While the Lao Hu doesn't, it does have twin Streak Packs of SRM'S, twin Large Pulse lasers, and a Heavy (like LB-20) LBX Autocannon; all the Mad Cat has in response are it's four Machine gun arrays.

Then, the Mad Cat generates much more heat, literally maxing out it's scales- the Lao Hu doesn't use a 1/3rd of it's, making it able to shoot more. The Lao Hu also has jump jets.

If put into much more simple terms...If the Mad Cat can keep it's distance (hard to do when the Lao Hu moves the same speed and can jump) and not run into any obstacles then it can defeat it. However, if the Lao Hu is fighting in heavily mountainous terrain/forested/hilly it has a major advantage with it's jumps and it's short-range guns. It can also dictate when it wants to leave, simply by jumping the hell out.

I would put my money on the Lao Hu, if you're good in the game that is.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 77 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7522

Contact Admins Sarna.net