Questions

Pages: 1
LAMdriver
07/20/09 05:25 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

I have been reading throght some stuff is the Wiki part of this site and it has raised some questions in the back of my mind.

1. If the Wolf Dragoons have Mechs built from Clan tech and equipment (ex endo steel, weapons, FF armor), who makes it or where does it come from? Does Clan Wolf-in-Exile have the manufactureing capibilities to produce Clan tech and equipment or do they use IS stuff?

2. If a character has the money, would a Clan like Clan Diamond Shark (or whatever they are called this year) build a IS design with clan tech? (and I don't mean the IIC versions either)

Lord 0400 hours makes you think of wierd stuff...
" The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make some other bastard die for his!"--Patton

""War is Hell. Combat is a motherfucker."---General Tommy Franks
CrayModerator
07/20/09 08:19 AM

Quote:

I have been reading throght some stuff is the Wiki part of this site and it has raised some questions in the back of my mind.

1. If the Wolf Dragoons have Mechs built from Clan tech and equipment (ex endo steel, weapons, FF armor), who makes it or where does it come from?

From Wolf Dragoon factories on Outreach. The Dragoons are so cool they don't just have WarShips, they have Clantech factories. Well, they did have factories until late 3067.

Quote:

Does Clan Wolf-in-Exile have the manufactureing capibilities to produce Clan tech and equipment or do they use IS stuff?

Clan Wolf-in-Exile has some Clantech manufacturing capabilities in the Arc-Royal Defense Cordon, such as production of Clan endosteel and some Clan weapons, enabling them to build the Packhunter. CWiE isn't big about selling Clantech to the Inner Sphere, though.

Quote:

2. If a character has the money, would a Clan like Clan Diamond Shark (or whatever they are called this year) build a IS design with clan tech? (and I don't mean the IIC versions either)

Diamond Shark seems to be selling its weapons and letting the Inner Sphere do with them what they will, but it's not a flood of Clantech. The Diamond Sharks do keep more advanced, new Clantech items to themselves - no heavy lasers are on the open market, for example.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/21/09 10:02 PM

What happened in 3067 and after? I don't know to much about the history of Outreach after Wolf Dragoon's took it over. Just a snippet here and there. Mostly about other units that where on Outreach and interacting with the Wolf Dragoon's.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
07/22/09 09:06 AM

Quote:

What happened in 3067 and after? I don't know to much about the history of Outreach after Wolf Dragoon's took it over. Just a snippet here and there. Mostly about other units that where on Outreach and interacting with the Wolf Dragoon's.

The Wolf Dragoons, as discussed in Dawn of the Jihad and Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, were nearly the anti-christ of WoB. Blake's teachings preach the wise, sensible use of technology; technology used for war is despicable but may be acceptable in some cases. The Clans, who worship warfare and build conflict into their society in their Trials, are doing the absolutely wrong thing with war (in WoB's opinion).

The Wolf Dragoons are Clan derivatives, and Outreach is very close to WoB's home base of Terra. Perhaps worse than the Clans, the Wolf Dragoons are mercenaries, people who make war for *money*. You can't get much more repugnant to WoB teachings than seeking to wage war for cash.

But the Dragoons managed it. Not only did the Dragoons wage war for cash, they set up a base to help other people wage war for money (the mercenary review board and hiring halls of Outreach). And on top of that, the Dragoons stood right between WoB and its efforts to bring peace and safety to the Chaos March by creating the Allied Mercenary Command, which existed solely to protect the Chaos March from WoB.

So in the second half of 3067, WoB hired a bunch of Dragoon-hating mercenaries to run wild on Outreach, nearly destroying the Dragoons' units then on-planet. A lot of the mercs had been oppressed under the Dragoon system and stranded on Outreach; some (like Waco) simply hated the Dragoons. The result was a phyrric victory for the Dragoons: they stopped the mercs, but their capital city was destroyed and they suffered heavy casualties. Some Dragoon units were off planet for contracts, of course, so the Dragoons still had a lot of fighting strength.

The Dragoons decided that this attack was the responsibility of WoB, so it was time to punish WoB and remind the Inner Sphere how cool the Dragoons were. They attacked WoB at its backwater mining colony, Mars, through a pirate point. (Much safer and more feasible than attacking Terra, of course.)

Except Mars wasn't a backwater mining colony of the Solar System, it was The Master's secret base.

So the Dragoon WarShips were destroyed in space over Mars, many of the DropShips were shot down, and the Dragoon units on the ground eventually defeated.

WoB panicked, though, since it figured the Dragoons knew its secret. That had to be the only reason the Dragoons attacked Mars, WoB thought. (In fact, Mars was just thought to be vulnerable, but close to Terra.) So WoB went to Outreach and nuked the planet silly. The mercenary rampaged had killed thousands; WoB killed tens or hundreds of millions.

And the Star League shrugged. What the Word of Blake (a Star League member) did to foreigners (the Dragoons were not part of the new Star League) was WoB's issue, and the Dragoons had been attacking and hampering WoB throughout the Chaos March.

Incidentally, the Dragoons are so bad ass that after their adopted home planet glassed over they still have a couple of surviving regiments (the ones on contract who couldn't leave to join the raid on Mars). They survive into the 3130s.

The whole WoB-Dragoon conflict, contrary to common perception, was not part of the Jihad but predated it.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5081

Contact Admins Sarna.net