Stripping Mechs with Auto Fluids?

Pages: 1
Phantom_Limbs
12/14/03 01:57 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
ive used pinesol with success, as well as nail polish remover and paint thinner. ive been thinking about using something a little more potent though...
How bout using brake fluid for stripping mechs? something like Castrol LMA brake/clutch fluid? i know for a fact (from not using a funnel) that it cuts through auto paint pretty quick... makes it bubble and peel after a minute or so. im sure it would strip a mech pretty damn quick without much toothbrushing at all. not sure how a plastic mech would hold up against it. i havent yet tried it on any of my mechs... yet...
Has anyone ever tried this? if so, what were the results. if not, i might give it a shot once i decide which of my mechs is the ugliest...

just a thought for people who are impatient and hate to scrub (and have fluid laying around...)
MadSquig
04/28/10 03:27 PM

Old post, but I'll put in my 2 cents.

I have had overwhelming success with Simple Green Concentrate. I just use it straight from the bottle, put the model in an old plastic container and pour the cleaner over the top. Works in about 3-4 hours and works well with both metal and plastic minis
Karagin
04/28/10 04:20 PM

Which unlike Pine Sole won't eat the plastic of the old City Tech 2 box set...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Almighty
05/07/10 03:00 PM

Nice tips. It seems to me newer plastic is more sensitive to pinesol. I was looking for something to use with plastic models.
Karagin
05/07/10 05:18 PM

Simple Green
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 46 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 9827

Contact Admins Sarna.net