Infocom Special on eBay

Pages: 1
BTMasakari
06/11/11 10:34 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I was browsing eBay for mechs and found a person who didn't realize she had an Infocom Special for sale, broken into three parts (fuselage, torso/legs, and base). shop.ebay.com/alwys.shpn/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

The arms and engines are missing, but there are other lead Phoenix Hawk LAMs available that could be broken up to complete the Infocom Special. I sent her information on it and identified the pieces that she had, hoping to encourage bidders to keep the kit together. The quote and Q:A on the auctions are mine.

If anyone is not familiar with the ICS, you can find information on it here: yois.if-legends.org/vault.php?id=1247 and a better image of it here: brianscache.com/lams/phx201.jpg

I have had mine since solving the Crescent Hawk's Inception video game in 1989, but to date I have never met another person who owned one until this find. Somebody please keep this thing in one piece!
"Television is a medium, because it is neither rare nor well done" - Ernie Kovacs
Katrar
06/12/11 11:34 PM

Out of curiosity, which is the base? I see the legs/torso, and the fuselage. But the legs appear to be attached to a base?
HoC Gaming - Come war with us!
The HoC Archive - Neveron's definitive historical document
BTMasakari
06/15/11 11:15 PM

The ICS had a special base that was solid, with an indentation for the mech's own "base". So instead of being a hex base with a rim it looked solid.

The base to that ICS was higher in the auction list, so it probably had sold before you saw it. Last I checked was a couple of days before it ended and it was going for more than $30.

It seems a shame to me that an item like that should be split apart and the pieces scattered like that. Since I already have a complete ICS, I thought I'd let others know about it, but maybe I found it a bit too late. Seller was an older lady who just didn't know what she had.
"Television is a medium, because it is neither rare nor well done" - Ernie Kovacs
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7487

Contact Admins Sarna.net