Jordan's New Mini Game on Kickstarter!

Pages: 1
Ty_Jakes
09/20/13 10:32 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I've loved what he's done since BattleTech, and I wanted to share with everyone his new project currently being funded on Kickstarter. It's an innovative blending of our favorite wargaming passion with the ever-present tablets and smart phones to enhance and simplify play.

I cannot post links for some reason, BUT, check it out on Kickstarter and search for Golem Arcana.

There was also an AMA on reddit with him last night for more information.

(Why can't I post links?!)

Anyway, hope to see you on the field!
Nic JansmaAdministrator
09/23/13 03:15 PM

We limit posting links until posters are decidedly not SPAM bots

http://golemarcana.com/
-- NicJ
Ty_Jakes
09/24/13 01:41 AM

Aha! Thanks, Nic, that makes a ton of sense.

And there was an update today on the Kickstarter, revealing:

Bonus Minis
Stretch Goals
A New Pledge Tier

And nearly at 50% of the goal already!
Ty_Jakes
09/25/13 10:05 AM

Update #6 including a spotlight on a new golem, all of their interviews!

Over 20k funded in the last 24 hours!
Ty_Jakes
09/25/13 10:13 AM

Golem Arcana, due to its ease of entry, takes about 5 minutes to sit down and get to serious gameplay. Using say, a 3 vs 3 set of miniature figures, it plays like a boardgame, which I did try the demo of at GenCon. There’s no question it appeals to boardgamers, not just wargamers. Strategic complexity increases with the number of miniatures you build your “army” with, requiring greater critical thinking skills. So an 8yr old (and any adult) could pick up and enjoy playing Golem Arcana with 3 miniatures vs 3 miniatures, and a 5 vs 5 game would challenge a 13yr old or older. As you increase the number of miniatures from there, the depth of play moves in to the fantasy wargaming realm. However, gameplay is much faster, as you’re not interrupting strategy and tactics decision making with constantly referencing rules minutia as there are no arguments over rules, which the app handles, rules lawyers beware!

The lore that’s building about around Golem Arcana is also fascinating, and with J.C. Hutchins, an award winning author of the 7th Son series doing the writing, it’s well written and engrossing. The demo was incredibly easy to learn and play, with deeply tactical considerations to strategize against my opponent. Most importantly, it was a lot of fun.
Ty_Jakes
10/01/13 09:18 AM

A new update (another coming today) and this review of Golem Arcana:

http://ipadboardgames.org/2013/golem-arcana-revolution-gaming-expensive-ipad-gimmick/
Ty_Jakes
10/04/13 10:48 AM

The past couple of updates have added a TON of content. Check out the main KS page, also they are including the *for free* the digital content from anyone who pledges at Golem Knight or above -- currently that's over an estimated $80 of content, for free for any KS backer (which includes my Blood Knight, Fabian Grell )

Golem Arcana on Game Informer.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/golem_...ng-collide.aspx

Chris Roberts (of Wing Commander and Star Citizen fame) shared his thoughts about Golem Arcana in a blog post today. Chris' passion is infectious and he really understands what this project is all about.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13297-Kickstarter-Golem-Arcana

LIVE STREAMING game of Golem Arcana on Monday, October 7th at 11am PST.

Two HBS engineers (Aardappel and Garret) will go head-to-head in a grudge-match to determine who is the best player in the studio - and who will lose his beard. See how fast and easy a game with lots of strategic depth can be when it's digitally-enhanced!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7178

Contact Admins Sarna.net