Critter

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Retry
02/08/14 11:41 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
It's not meant to take fire, but with the limited range of the RACs compared to other weapons it will take fire, which is something you clearly have missed. Unless you deploy it perfectly, even then, it's thin armor and the fact that it has to rely on nearby ammo carriers make it a really juicy target for artillery, fighters, and daring mech pilots alike.
Karagin
02/08/14 02:00 PM

I didn't miss that part Retry, I gave it enough armor to handle what it will run into 8 times out of 10, and even with things going wrong it will have lancemates to help it out, this not a stand alone tank, it is meant to work together with other Dragons or with other vehicles.

Okay so let me ask this, since you keep harping on the armor, what is your idea of ideal?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Retry
02/08/14 02:33 PM

I estimate it takes two turns to turn it into shredded metal from a single light mech lance.

What would be ideal is to lose one or two of the RACs, up the armor a bit, ammo bay a bit, and change to a FCE.
ghostrider
02/08/14 03:03 PM

can we leave the Dragon haaav in that thread? This is going to confuse those of us that have problems maintaining a train of thought

Now since this is a 100 ton mech, It has the capabilities of using the crits up and still having some tonnage left if it is modified to either an omni, or just need a different loadout.

I think the clans send in the warriors they feel will get the job done when they are on the offensive. When being issued a challenge, they are stuck with what units are there.
Most of the clan organization that I have seen in canon products seem to indicate they do not go for the most tonnage in fights. They seem to run mediums and heavies more then assaults. So there has to be something to why they just dont use the Direwolf, Warkhawk, Executioner and such as much as say the lyrans do. Maybe they didn't get into the clan honor enough when they said that excess like that is a waste.
Beating a locust with an atlas is considered dishonorable to them.
Karagin
02/08/14 03:14 PM

Retry, your ideas of tactics are different from mine, and while it would die facing a lance of mechs by it's self, it would not be in that situation barring things going totally fubar. And if you want to talk about the Dargon HAAAV let's go back to that thread and talk other wise your points were made, you don't like it and think your ideals on how to make it better and cheaper are the best, I disagree and think it is fine as is or with some minor changes could be better.

Now back to this mech, and Ghostrider's comments hit things on the head.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Retry
02/08/14 06:32 PM

We've basically beat this one to death.
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 155 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 12696

Contact Admins Sarna.net