Posting links and using attachments

Pages: 1
Fenris_LC
10/21/14 11:36 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share my finished Fan-TRO 3145 Lyran Commonwealth Supplemental (extended edition) with you guys, but the forum won't let me since I'm a new member and can't post links, while an attachment wouldn't work because of the allowed file size.

Is there any way to circumvent this (ideally with the help or blessing of a moderator)?
thanks.
Fenris_LC
10/21/14 11:37 AM

Or alternatively, can anyone tell me when exactly the forum will allow me to include links in my posts? I haven't found anything in the forum rules posted by cray.
FrabbyModerator
10/21/14 05:38 PM

I've run into the same problem in the past.
I think you can simply provide the URL as text that people would then have to copy/paste into their browser.
CrayModerator
10/21/14 06:02 PM

Quote:
Fenris_LC writes:

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share my finished Fan-TRO 3145 Lyran Commonwealth Supplemental (extended edition) with you guys, but the forum won't let me since I'm a new member and can't post links, while an attachment wouldn't work because of the allowed file size.

Is there any way to circumvent this (ideally with the help or blessing of a moderator)?
thanks.

Make a total of 10 constructive and useful posts and then you should be able to add working links. The 10-post minimum is a backup spambot filter trick.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Fenris_LC
10/21/14 07:32 PM

Quote:
Frabby writes:

I've run into the same problem in the past.
I think you can simply provide the URL as text that people would then have to copy/paste into their browser.

Yeah, already tried that. The filter was too smart it seems. But then it won't even let me post a mere Mech design in the mech forum because there allegedly is a link in there. Oo

Guess I'll simply have to come up with 10 posts some other way without spamming.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5546

Contact Admins Sarna.net