tech items in 3050

Pages: 1
ghostrider
06/14/16 11:27 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
This is to remind those dealing with the wiki, that entries dealing with 3050 and the tech that came out in the original book, is not in the newer versions of it.
Not sure if a general blanket statement would work if people try to use the wiki to find out what books have this information in it.
Example would be ↑ Technical Readout: 3050, p. 220, "Guardian ECM Suite".
Under the wiki heading of the Guardian ecm, this is not correct with the newer books.
The Rhino tank is on 220-221.
There are other entries as well like the streak entry
2.↑ Jump up to: 2.0 2.1 Technical Readout: 3050, p. "Streak Short-Range Missiles".

Not sure if it is something worth dealing with or not.
Thought I would drop a line and ask.
FrabbyModerator
06/14/16 12:42 PM

Not sure if I understand what you mean. Are you saying there were different printings/versions of TRO:3050 (like it happened with TRO:3057), or are you referring to "TRO:3050 Revised" when you speak of a newer version of the book?

In any case, the data from the latest rulebook trumps any earlier data whenever there is a difference. Looking at the Sarna article for the Guardian ECM I note that there is one superfluous reference to TRO:3050 there, but all other references in the rules box are for TacOps or TechManual.
ghostrider
06/15/16 12:40 PM

It may be the revised version that is missing this information. Had to look inside to see it say revised. The outside cover of the one I have doesn't say revised on it.
I know the books that came out when the clans were introduced had the newer tech in the book.

I was letting you know it might be a good idea to put in some note that the newer versions of the book don't have this information.

The second example of the streak system was another one and that one refers to a page, but did even have the page number in it.

This is more for keeping accuracy in the forums, as I know you are trying to do.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5008

Contact Admins Sarna.net