Wiki asking for a program

Pages: 1
ghostrider
02/28/17 02:51 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Used the wiki tonight and it kept saying it wanted to add on 'windows script host runtime library'.
Is it supposed to do that?
Or is it something new?
I haven't had it do that before, and wondered if it was a specific add doing that or if that was something put in by nic.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, so I thought I would post this instead of private message.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
02/28/17 02:12 PM

Hi ghostrider,

Can you share a screenshot when this happens next?

I have not seen anything similar, nor have I heard of reports of this from anyone else.

Definitely click No / Deny the prompt.

If you ever get a prompt like that, it is likely malware either 1) already on your computer or 2) being delivered by ads. We use Google AdSense and Sovrn on this site to deliver advertising, and they have a very careful vetting program before delivering ads, so I would be very surprised if there was any malware within the ads.

I would suggest running an anti-virus/malware to double-check your computer isn't already affected.

Please let us know what you find, and I would love to see a screenshot next time it happens.

Apologies you hit this on Sarna
-- NicJ
ghostrider
03/01/17 01:20 AM

Print screen is not working with that, but the internet security option set at medium high for IE comes up with it, yet the highest setting it doesn't. And it is jus the wiki, not the forums, download or news.
It comes up all jumbled and bunched in an area about the size of a receipt from a fast food place wide, but long.

Have the medium running as a game I played would not allow the higher setting.

Hope this helps.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5251

Contact Admins Sarna.net