Infobox images and Contents

Pages: 1
Cache
02/23/18 06:42 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I would like to get all of the TRO pages to follow the same format and I have a couple of questions before I feel comfortable starting on that:

1) Is there an (un)official policy on Infobox images? I uploaded the cover image for the TRO: 3067 reprint. I was unsure whether the latest cover should be in the infobox or the original cover, so I left the infobox image alone and added the new cover below it. I was unsure because I looked at two other TRO pages that were opposite of each other. TRO:3055U has the newest cover below the infobox but TRO:3060 has the newest cover at the top of the infobox, old cover below. (I'd provide links, but my post count isn't high enough. Sorry.)

2) Can I copy the exact format and wording of a book's table of contents? Some pages have the exact TOC and some have it arranged differently. There also are quotes directly off of a book's back cover but I don't know if the wording and format of the entire TOC would be crossing the line.

Thank you.
FrabbyModerator
02/24/18 06:28 AM

I'm not aware of a proper policy, but my gut feeling says the initial/first image belongs in the infobox, just like you did it. The image caption for the later reprint cover was perfect.
Actually, given they're technically different products by different firms, it stands to reason the reprint should have its own product page.

I'm also perfectly comfortable with reproducing the accurate, verbatim ToC in the product article. Where this isn't the case, perhaps different print runs had different ToCs?
Cache
03/12/18 09:12 PM

Thanks for the response. I will get back around to the TROs soon, I hope. I'm not sure I'd want to give most reprints their own product pages because better than 90% of the info would be identical. I think just adding the cover and notes on the differences is enough.

The ToC differences I attribute to the contributors. Some of the ToCs that are different are organized a little more than in any of the print runs (i.e. vehicles organized by motive type rather than weight). I assume this was personal preference.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 99 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Frabby, BobTheZombie, Cray, Nic Jansma 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4021

Contact Admins Sarna.net