Construction Rules for Storage Batteries?

Pages: 1
AmaroqStarwind
05/30/18 04:54 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What are the construction rules for Combat Vehicles and Support Vehicles powered by Storage Batteries, as opposed to Engines? I need this information for my engine calculator.
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
Retry
05/30/18 06:06 PM

The engine section for support vehicles can be found on Techmanual Pg.126. There are no rules for combat vehicles powered by batteries. Judging by the support vehicle rules, if you tried a battery powered combat vehicle, you'd end up with vehicles with appallingly short combat ranges.
AmaroqStarwind
05/30/18 08:30 PM

Alright, thanks.

I think I am going to try using the rules for Batteries as a basis for Hybrid Internal Combustion Engines.

ghostrider
05/30/18 09:49 PM

Might be an idea to look at subs for the battery basis. The diesels don't run underwater, but use the batteries. The games supposedly use the fuel with o2 in it, but it may cause detection problems from the exhaust in the water.
Been a while since I seen those rules, so this may not work.
CrayModerator
06/01/18 05:02 PM

Quote:

I think I am going to try using the rules for Batteries as a basis for Hybrid Internal Combustion Engines.

You can just use internal combustion engines. The Neptune in TR:3026 supposedly uses hydrogen peroxide underwater for its diesel engines, while the heavy peroxide tanks could be batteries in another vehicle. The explanation doesn't matter - submarines with internal combustion engines run just fine above and below water as far as the rules are concerned. They've got something that lets them work underwater.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
AmaroqStarwind
06/01/18 07:29 PM

By Hybrid Engines, I specifically meant like a Plug-in Hybrid car. Fossil Fuel / Electric hybrid vehicles are something that I don't see very often in BattleTech fluff, and there aren't any rules to properly support/represent them yet. For balance reasons, though, they are probably going to have increased BV, Technology Rating and C-Bill cost.

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 111 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4445

Contact Admins Sarna.net